Rear Tire Carier / Jerry Cans and Roof Rack | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Tire Carier / Jerry Cans and Roof Rack

Iceking007

Reaction score
City, State
Edmonton, Alberta
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 Ford Explorer Sport
Hello I am hunting down a rear Tire carrier for 33-35" tires on 15's and maybe a cople of Jerry Cans/ Tool Storage; I am also looking for a Roof Rack possably, just for added stoarage as I have a 2dr Sport if I do any traveling by the time you have Food Cooler Clothe Bags and what ever else the whole truck is full. I am thinking of building a custom tire rack at the back, I don't want anything that goes through my bumper or attaches to my body, I want a side swing gate. I am thinking of bending 2" Pipe from under on my frame around the bumper on the rear sideds and up beside the rear tail lights then adding a custom heavy dudy hinge and building a gate that goes all the way accross, this is all assuming I use the stock bumper I may remove it and build a custome one in which case I may just put the gate through the bumper and have to two merged together any thoughts on this stuff would help as well as any custom photos or ideas. I have searched for products and haven't found any rear tire holders only roof racks for the 91 Explorer Sport, Let me know if you have a roof rack and how you like it. Thank you!:p::salute:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

look at my post in the 2nd gen modified page, I have both.

I forget the brand of roof rack, and the rear tire carrier is actually custom, I also put my spare tire on the roof rack, and gas cans on the back. I have plenty of space on my rack for coolers, bags, etc.

tbars4: think the shipping would kill him to bring it to our city.

give this rack a try.

http://www.surcoinc.com/R-BR_SR5.html

call Shilo at Tonka 4wd that's where I got mine. Has a mount for the tire in the rack too as an option.

I've searched for a production rear tire carrie for ages, and you can get one from "Take it offroad" for a Jeep XK by bodyarmour. I'm actually making one myself after all the searching.

...Back in February it was cheaper...:D

I like that adapter for the spare tire, i need to buy one of those! and the high lift jack adapter (after I get a high lift jack lol)

He guys i have a full metal shop to build all this i would just need you to draw it up or tell me exactley what you want and were you want it to mount to the truck. There will be a price but i all depends on what you want and what material you want its made out of alum, stainless, or reg steel. PM me if your interested in this. I am serious we can do parts for a sas to winch mounts and even dual battery boxes.

Building a custom Rack

Hi my name is chris Bombard and i have a 1998 ford explorer 4x4 XLT. I want a sick looking roof rack that mounts to the stock roof rack. I dont want it sitting or modifieing the roof in any way shape of form. I would like it to be the length of the car itself. Also mounts for lights, shovel, axe and come along. I appreciat you taking the time to read this, and you can email me at cnccal@msn.com or contact me at anytime at 303-562-8710 I am very serious about this so please reply.
Thanks,
Chris Bombard

...If you use the search tool here I would imagine you would quickly find your answer before someone places a call to you...

...There are several threads that show roof racks, where to buy, and also how to make...Good Luck on your project...;)

He guys i have a full metal shop to build all this i would just need you to draw it up or tell me exactley what you want and were you want it to mount to the truck. There will be a price but i all depends on what you want and what material you want its made out of alum, stainless, or reg steel. PM me if your interested in this. I am serious we can do parts for a sas to winch mounts and even dual battery boxes.
Hey man i want a rack built for my car but i want it to mount to my stock roof rack. I want it to be nice with light mounts and shovel, axe, and come along, mounts. Please help me out with theis. You can reach me at cnccal@msn.com of my cell at 303-562-8710 my name is chris thanks for your time

...If you use the search tool here I would imagine you would quickly find your answer before someone places a call to you...

...There are several threads that show roof racks, where to buy, and also how to make...Good Luck on your project...;)

To be honost Tbar, lol every time i use the Search I hardly ever can find what im looking for, dont know if its just me or what but just seems like i kind find similer stuff but never the type of thing I am looking for.

...Personally, I click on search and then advanced...Then I set to search by "Titles" first and try to use one word only...If I don't have any luck with that, then I search by post...;)

oo ok i will have to try that then :D thanks

...Another useful tip...If you know who posted something, you can use advanced search and Post by user (name)...;)

Back