• Register Today It's free!

Rear turn signals

snoopy2003

Reaction score
City, State
Eunice, LA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 (ordered 4/7)
Has anyone looked into changing the rear turn signal bulbs to red? I think it would look much better then orange!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have!
Not easy to find this type in red, but sometimes you'll find them on ebay.
It's the 9009 (H16) type bulb. I haven't done it but replacement seems easy.
The only part I can't figure out (until I try) is whether or not I need a load balancing resistor.

Good find, I think I'll get a couple of these.

I found a 10% discount code too, type in Msource or GT500 it'll apply 10% on a purchase of over $40 bucks.

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but did anyone order any of these for turn signals? If so, how do they work/look?

Also, any idea how to access the turn signal bulbs?

I have!
Not easy to find this type in red, but sometimes you'll find them on ebay.
It's the 9009 (H16) type bulb. I haven't done it but replacement seems easy.
The only part I can't figure out (until I try) is whether or not I need a load balancing resistor.

This isn't the correct bulb type. Its PSY19W.

I will stay with orange, looks great!

If you go to the link I provided and you look at the cross link of bulbs it tells you there. We all know what the stock bulb number is per the manual, but there are different stock numbers that are the same thing.

I will stay with orange, looks great!

I agree...not a fan of red on red, now way to distinguish very cleary when pulled over on the side of the road and you if you don't want to get hit, I'd go ORANGE!!

I agree...not a fan of red on red, now way to distinguish very cleary when pulled over on the side of the road and you if you don't want to get hit, I'd go ORANGE!!

I just want something that looks clear when not in use, and the standard amber when flashing.

Stock bulb shows up in the reflectors when not on, and it looks stupid against the clear.

Old thread, I know, but has anyone replaced their rear turn signal bulbs?

I don't like the amber bulb reflecting in the clear housing and was hoping I could find a stealth/chrome bulb that lights up amber available.

Can someone give me a clear answer on the bulb number?

I swapped out the factory bulbs for a set of these. Feniex Cannon dual color LEDs. These are usually used for law enforcement but you can set them to steady burn. I wired the red to the brake lights, and the amber to the turn signal. The amber will over-ride the red for turn signal functions. They are a bit pricey but bright as can be. Nice addition to the rear and best part is they are clear when off.

http://www.responderpse.com/hideaway-hide-a-led/feniex-cannon-dual-color-hideaway-led/

I'd like to see pictures of that!

I will take some this weekend and post

Try posting up a video please and thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back