• Register Today It's free!

Rear Wheel Bearing Replacement

kware1

Reaction score
City, State
Boston, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Eddie Bauer
How much should I expect to pay for rear wheel bearing replacement, and do both sides have to done.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

unfortunately ur looking at a couple hundred... ive had to have 2 of my bearings replaced and they have to use a machine to press them into place... thats the money stealer rite there

Just had my rear driver done for 250 bucks. You can save a little if you do it yourself though. Just take it to get it pressed on then bring it back and install it. Different opinions on wether both need to be done. I say fix the one that is broke, the other could last the life of the car.
And beware of generic bearings! Get a good ford motor craft or timken bearing.

Rear Wheel Bearings

Just had it done. It cost $250.00. The mechanic suggested that my 20" rims caused the problem, but I hear this is a common problem with Ford X's.

over sized rims are definitely a cause of premature ware. deppending on the axle, independent rear suspension axles have very expensive wheel brgs. straught axles run about 30 to 40. . labor only runs about 1 to 2 hours. do it your self either way, it's an easy fix

Back