Rear wheel bearings on a 2007 Sport Trac. | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

Rear wheel bearings on a 2007 Sport Trac.

cchermak

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Explorer Sport Trac
Hello all, new to this forum, I am the orig owner of an 07 Explorer Sport Trac XLT w/60 K residing in Tampa, FL

I am about to replace a rear wheel bearing for the second time, Has anyone had issues with these rear wheel bearings ?

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars

10uhcST

Reaction score
City, State
E TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Ltd V8 2WD
I have an 07 with 51K, and have a roar from zero up to ~60mph, then it quits. I was thinking the front bearing was the problem, how hard is the rear bearing to change? what indicators did you get to tell you it was the rear bearings.

FLOffroad

Reaction score
City, State
Wasatch, Utah
Year, Model & Trim Level
Forester; 08 ST sold :(
I only have around 25k on my 08, no real mech. issues, so I can't comment.
However, I don't think "roaring" from 0-60 is a real solution - no offense.

Worst case scenario you could try complaining a bunch and see what great things the dealer offers you. I've never done anything of the sort, but I've heard of stories of guys with 30-40k trucks getting brand new trucks for very little after a bit of complaining and threatening. If you're interested, my dealer, about 1hr south of you, has two '10 Raptors hanging around that nobody's buying - bunch of guys come to test, but no takers so far. Not to mention, dealers will probably be trying to dump any STs they have around before 2011.