Rear wheel bearings on a 2007 Sport Trac. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear wheel bearings on a 2007 Sport Trac.

cchermak

Reaction score
City, State
Tampa, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
07 Explorer Sport Trac
Hello all, new to this forum, I am the orig owner of an 07 Explorer Sport Trac XLT w/60 K residing in Tampa, FL

I am about to replace a rear wheel bearing for the second time, Has anyone had issues with these rear wheel bearings ?

I have an 07 with 51K, and have a roar from zero up to ~60mph, then it quits. I was thinking the front bearing was the problem, how hard is the rear bearing to change? what indicators did you get to tell you it was the rear bearings.

I only have around 25k on my 08, no real mech. issues, so I can't comment.
However, I don't think "roaring" from 0-60 is a real solution - no offense.

Worst case scenario you could try complaining a bunch and see what great things the dealer offers you. I've never done anything of the sort, but I've heard of stories of guys with 30-40k trucks getting brand new trucks for very little after a bit of complaining and threatening. If you're interested, my dealer, about 1hr south of you, has two '10 Raptors hanging around that nobody's buying - bunch of guys come to test, but no takers so far. Not to mention, dealers will probably be trying to dump any STs they have around before 2011.

Back