rear window hatch issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

rear window hatch issue

Reaction score
City, State
F'N Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Merc Mounty
I am trying to find the hardware that connects the gas struts to the rear window hatch. One of mine is severely corroded, the other should be replace before it gets worse. I have not been able to find them on any of the typical parts sites I check. The struts are easy, the hardware itself seems very elusive. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I would try a junkyard,especially a U-Pullit type.I'm lucky enough to have a U-Pullit junkyard within 30 miles of me that I get hard to find parts at.That would probably be your best bet.Good luck.

I was thinking about a junkyard, but it's such a small piece I figured someone would have a replacement hardware set for sale. No luck so far, have not found anything so far.

So I hit up the hardware store today and came up with a fix that I will post, after I have the details ironed out. Bolt washer, both stainless, and grommets. I plan on grinding them down a little bit, to make them look a little better, also a coat of paint. I'm not sure if anyone else has this issue, but I'll write it up just in case I'm not alone.

Back