• Register Today It's free!

Rear Window

andres1

Reaction score
City, State
Chesapeake, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport trac
The rear window in my '01 Sport Trac does not work, I don't think is the fuse, is there a way to check the motor. How hard is it to replace?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The rear window in my '01 Sport Trac does not work, I don't think is the fuse, is there a way to check the motor. How hard is it to replace?

Hi I am having the same problem. Did you solve yours.
Chris

I had a similar problem with my front passenger window awhile ago (i opened it up...then as soon as i had to park in a sleezy part of town with valuables in the back it wouldnt go back up). I narrowed it down to the passenger side switch (although it started working again and i decided not to replace it cause the stealership wanted 70$ for the switch...but i just know its gonna crap out again when ive got the window down and it starts raining). There is a very helpful diagnostic procedure/wiring diagram in the ford manual that id be happy to post here if you dont have it (just let me know and ill scan it in). You should be able to tell if the motor is getting power by opening or closing another window and then pressing the button for the stuck window. If the one you were opening slows down then you'll know its getting power (make sure you try the stuck one in both directions).

Hope that helps.

The cable that opens and closes the rear window unwound itself off the reel. Any one have any idea on how to fix it?

i'm having a similar problem, could you post up that diagram? the window stopped working after some crunchy noises. looks like i have some broken black piece that i'm not sure where it goes. i've pulled the motor and it works fine, but just not sure how the wires work.

There is a very helpful diagnostic procedure/wiring diagram in the ford manual that id be happy to post here if you dont have it (just let me know and ill scan it in). You should be able to tell if the motor is getting power by opening or closing another window and then pressing the button for the stuck window. If the one you were opening slows down then you'll know its getting power (make sure you try the stuck one in both directions).

Hope that helps.

Back