Rear Windshield Sliding window won't power up or down | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Windshield Sliding window won't power up or down

alanlaws

Reaction score
City, State
Raleigh, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Sport Trac
Ok so my rear windshield window worked fine the other day and now it will not go up or down. WHat do I need to look at and how do I get to the motor for that window. I have a feeling something is lose or just bit the dust. Are there any fuses to just that window. All the other windows and sunroof work fine. I have a 2002 ST. Please Help:(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sent you an email. I'm heading out right now on an 8 hour trip through Raleigh to Rocky Mount and back to Charlotte but I'll help you out this afternoon if nobody does before then.

Actually Mr.Rock made a sticky of the info. See it here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238632

Ok thanks, I looked at the diagram posted on the sticky. I guess I am being dumb but were is the motor or module located for the rear sliding window? Is it tha module to the right of the subwoofer if you are looking at it?

The darker gray "cover" on the left is the motor, or module as I guess they call it. The "cover" in the center is where you access the regulator.

090221006.jpg

Thanks for the help I got the rear window fixed!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::D

Hey I was wondering if anyone could help me with this as well.

I get some crackling noise and the window goes up and then is like **** that, I'm going back down.

Then I can get it to go up if I push on it.

The venting wasn't a problem.

Well that was a few months ago.

Yesterday I went to vent and it just went down a bit and then totally went down.

Now I can't get it to work.

I heard some noise when I tried the reset.

Apparently a new motor is 350. Yikes.

So any help would be appreciated.

Concerned as it rains on Friday where I am at.

I've switched out headlights, changed my side mirrors before and back lights. So this is something I've never done before.

Is there a good grease to use on the motor and stuff if I take the padding and such off and attempt to fix this?

Anyhow thanks for any suggestions.

UPDATE: When I do the reset I hear a gear noise and a bit of crackling, but the window does not go up.

RearWindowMotorandRegulator.jpg
Just stopped in and saw this. Quite possibly the cable and/or guides are fubar. You'll have to open it up as in my photos above to see. Motors can be had way cheaper than that in aftermarket.

Thanks for the reply.

Does one have to take the rear seat out to open this all up?

Thanks again.

And is this generally a pretty expensive repair if one were to take it to their mechanic?

Honestly it has been so long since I did this that I don't remember. Cost? Wouldn't even guess.

Back