Rear Wiper Motor continually burns out | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear Wiper Motor continually burns out

hellothere

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 Explorer
Hello, I've got a '99 explorer where I'm having issues with the rear wiper motor burning out a few weeks after getting it replaced. The motors have ranged from brand new to re-manufactured and through various manufacturers. All seem to have this issue and I can't seem to find a root cause. Has anyone run into this or have any advice for me? Getting really tired of this issue.

I would suspect something in the linkage or pivot is binding. Have you checked to insure that the linkage moves freely (first with the motor disconnected) and is well lubricated ?

Could also be a bad ground and the motor is not getting the current that it needs, but my suspicion is that the linkage, bushings, bearing, etc is binding.

there is no linkage associated with the rear wiper motor. all the bearings and/or bushings are part of the motor. replace the motor and they are all replaced. i do concur with the possibility of a bad ground however.

Back