• Register Today It's free!

Rear Wiper Motor Removal Issue

KINgGh0sT

Reaction score
City, State
Ottawa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Sport
So, i got to the nice easy part of removing the 22mm nut holding the wiper motor on... and then the nut sheared. Now what the hell can I do? The nut sheared right off leaving everything in the threads so the Motor will not come off.

jKKPSmil.jpg

EUgQvZFl.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

replace the motor. i'm not all that familiar with the 2003 model, but a reman wiper motor will have a new stud on it. for my 2000-2001's a reman motor runs around $50-$60 bucks. check the price for yours at Advance, Autozone, RockAuto and Amazon for the best price w/shipping. if that part is not part of the motor... the salvage yard, ebay or craigslist will probably be your best bet.

does this look like it? ($57.79 on RockAuto)

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=1271024&cc=1414493

But I can't get the motor out heh. It's stuck on there now.

Well the current wiper works it just works TERRIBLY (no real power) so I don't want to do that.

Well the current wiper works it just works TERRIBLY (no real power) so I don't want to do that.

well, i suppose you can just live w/out it. you started taking it apart for a reason and you would have had to replace the motor anyway (even if things had gone smoothly). i don't understand your resistance to tearing up a broken motor, but it's you're choice.

Back