Rear wiper not wiping the whole window | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rear wiper not wiping the whole window

SoNic67

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Newport News, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 V8 (Eddie Bauer) AWD
I have seen this problem posted many times. Rear wiper blade leaves a spot not touched on middle of windshield.
It is not related to wiper blade or wiper arm. The culprit is the shaft assembly moving due to worn bearings. See the video below:

0996b43f8021190f.gif

i can't totally agree with you. new motor, new mount bushings and still skipped over the middle of the glass. after bending the arm more i was able to get 95% coverage. there are also posts about grinding down the stops on the arm to allow more tension, but it's just a bad design with the mounting bushings leading the list. maybe if Energy Suspension made replacement bushings for the wiper mount you could get a 100% solution, but going forward, i say screw it.

I'm going with Koda. My 2001 Sport had this problem, as does my new 99 Explorer Limited. Bending the wiper arm more only gets it caught in the window seam, which stripped the guide arm in my Sport completely. One might try a stiffer spring in the wiper arm to see if that helps at all. My Limited Suggests it's just not being pressed against the window hard enough.

Mine has been like that for years, I just live with it. I pick my battles with the truck, and I win most of them, but the rear wiper I turn a blind eye to...

Back