• Register Today It's free!

rear wiper not working. HELP

jfug97

Reaction score
City, State
rogersville, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
the washer works, but no wiper, I changed the motor and still no wipers, what else could it be?
I dont know were the switch is that I have heard about.
any ideas would be appreciated.
thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The wiper switch would be the rocker switch to turn the wiper/washer on in the lower left panel, where your left knee would be.

I'd be interested to hear if a new switch fixes it.

the inside switch works, because the washer works, there is a safety switch somewhere around the back glass.

I fixed it. It was the safety switch.

Where is the safety switch?

it is on the rear glass latch mechanism.

I noticed the wiper wouldn't swing this morning but the fluid would flow. I will look for the switch tomorrow as I open and close the class hatch frequently maybe I moved the switch? There are other posts that mentioned that water can get into the mechanism and prevent its movement....it has been raining on and off in LA for the past 2 days.

Thanks

Check that the wiring harness underneath isn't damaged, I found mine to be damaged, also I have read many reports about it happening.

I just put a little pressure on the wiper arm and it started to swing and it has worked fine since then.

i can move mine completly through range and down to the bumper by hand. is that the motor or possible the switch you guys are talking about?

Back