• Register Today It's free!

Rear wiper

ericautopart

Reaction score
City, State
Jersey Shore
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 XLT 5.0L AWD
So, it's not working. I can figure out what's wrong w/ it but I don't know how to take the bloody plastic off the rear liftgate! I tried to search but can't really figure out what wording to use. If someone can either point me in the direction on removing the interior plastic, or how to search for how to..:) For anyone who's been in their before..is there easy access to the wiper motor? I have a feeling the gears are stripped.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Eric, I had to remove mine this past summer (the interior liftgate plastic). Once you get the screw out by the lock mechanism and pop out the christmas tree push-pins around the window, it simply lifts upwards. It's held on by hooks/tabs that just slide into holes on the door.

Let me see if I can find a link.

Got it..I'm going to look at it this week. Thanks a lot!

Try this first. Pull out the plastic cover that is in the center of the hatch just below the glass. Once you get it out you will see a wire harness. Unplug it and try your rear wiper. This is the sensor for the rear glass being open. This only applies if you are getting the door ajar and no wiper.

Back