• Register Today It's free!

Rearview Camera Issue

Rat72

Reaction score
City, State
England
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
Just curious if anyone else ever has a problem where the drivers side park assist camera fails to display properly while backing up? Mine has done it on several occasions. I am stationed overseas so popping in to the local dealer is kind of a problem. Just hoping to get an idea if there is a known problem or something I could do to correct the issue.

60306D7B-7301-41DE-8F44-6DABD3E26321.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When it happens, are you in different locations? This is the first such report.

Peter

nope, nothing that you can do. Shouldn't never do that. hopefully something simple like the side mirror camera wiring not fully plugged in. in any case it's something for the dealer to take care of. does it ever occur when not reversinf and you press the camera button?

Our 2020 Explorer ST has done this blue screen intermittently. We have brought it to our dealer and they haven’t been able to replicate the problem.

D3896626-5E46-4C1D-9A52-A8A845C81B19.jpeg

My drivers side mirror camera is also intermittent. Seems to happen more often in this colder weather.

My drivers side mirror camera is also intermittent. Seems to happen more often in this colder weather.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

My backup camera has done this 3 times now since got the vehicle last month. 2020 Explorer Limited latest firmware installed and still the same thing. 3.4 build 20021
92A5B84A-A85F-4524-90C9-00FC1C294E14.jpeg

defective camera. take her in....

Ughhhhhhh... First was the rear defroster, they had to replace the entire glass.

Does it act up the same way on the front camera?

Peter

No just the rear and it’s random. The only way to get it back is to turn off the vehicle and restart it.

No just the rear and it’s random. The only way to get it back is to turn off the vehicle and restart it.
Thanks for the reply. I was wondering it might have been a screen issue. When you say it is random, have you noticed if it is happening in a particular place? Could it be external interference of some sort? If not then the camera probably needs to be replaced. On the 5th gens, when a camera was replaced, it required to be programmed to the vehicle. Good luck.

Peter

Well it’s a 6th gen. Under warranty. I’m not worried. No particular places just random the 3 times it happened.

Did this happen before the rear glass was replaced? I wonder if they knocked loose the camera wiring during installation.

I don't think it'd be a screen issue. The birds eye view shows it clearly affecting the rear camera only. The diagonal edges is exactly where the rear camera ends and the side cameras begin.

Twice before and now twice after.

Just happened again tonight.

Mine does the same thing only it is the driver's mirror camera. I hear a rattle in the mirror housing, wondering if it's just a loose connection.

Just adding it to the list of warranty issues I want the dealership to look at next time it goes back.

We have the same problem but with the front camera. It's on the list of things (about 5 other items) for the dealership to address the next time we take it in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

We have the same problem but with the front camera. It's on the list of things (about 5 other items) for the dealership to address the next time we take it in.
Please report back on the 'fix'. Thanks.

Back