Rearview Camera Problems | Page 24 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Did this reversed image and missing guidelines issue just start? There are others that have had the same problem with the reversed image. As for the guidelines, have you confirmed that the setting is enabled? I had mine turn off for some reason on my previous MKT and I just turned it back on.

Peter

Everything is on...been reversed and no guidelines for months....about a month ago, the guidelines were back and image correct, I put it in park...then reverse and it was all back to reversed image/no guidelines again. I just cannot believe they want to shotgun the whole thing and replace the system.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Everything is on...been reversed and no guidelines for months....about a month ago, the guidelines were back and image correct, I put it in park...then reverse and it was all back to reversed image/no guidelines again. I just cannot believe they want to shotgun the whole thing and replace the system.
They shouldn't have to replace the whole system. Probably just the camera. Some have done it themselves but the new camera still needs to be programmed to the vehicle. There are posts on that in this thread.

Peter

They shouldn't have to replace the whole system. Probably just the camera. Some have done it themselves but the new camera still needs to be programmed to the vehicle. There are posts on that in this thread.

Peter

Rear camera calibration can be performed using Forscan. For a 2012 Explorer, this was implemented with version 2.3.2 on 6/1/2016.

I don't known if anything else has to be done.

Thank you for the responses

This Is A Very Common.. My Camara Is Work (w/o Guideline) But Some Time Is Gone Need Put In N o P To Show Me Image Again.. With Forscam Active Guideline Again But In Few Mins o Seconds Disappear Again The Weird Thing Is That They Disappear Without Having The Camera On

This Is A Very Common.. My Camara Is Work (w/o Guideline) But Some Time Is Gone Need Put In N o P To Show Me Image Again.. With Forscam Active Guideline Again But In Few Mins o Seconds Disappear Again The Weird Thing Is That They Disappear Without Having The Camera On
When you say the image disappears are you taking about the guidelines or the camera image? If you don't have Active Park Assist then the camera does not have the active guidelines, just the fixed ones. If you activated Active (moving) Guidelines with Forscan then perhaps the OEM software is setting the camera back to 'Normal' fixed guidelines. The camera doesn't have to be on for that to happen.
See this post; Rearview Camera Active Guidelines

Peter

When you say the image disappears are you taking about the guidelines or the camera image? If you don't have Active Park Assist then the camera does not have the active guidelines, just the fixed ones. If you activated Active (moving) Guidelines with Forscan then perhaps the OEM software is setting the camera back to 'Normal' fixed guidelines. The camera doesn't have to be on for that to happen.
See this post; Rearview Camera Active Guidelines

Peter
Sorry Active (Enable) I Dont Have Active Guideline Only (Fixed Guideline)

In Reverse Gear Camare Image Disappers (Black And Turn On Again) In Some Time (Rare) Image Totaly Loss (Black Screen With Message)

I Only Have Once Code (Calibrate Camara Module) With Forscan Calibrate Camare (Zoom And Guideline Show) But In Few Mins o Seconds Without Having The Camera On (Have El Some Code Again And Guideline And Zoon Stop Working)

I suspect that you have a bad camera. There have been many posts about having to replace cameras in the earlier Explorers.

I suspect that you have a bad camera. There have been many posts about having to replace cameras in the earlier Explorers.
I Was Thinking That Same I Will Talk To A Friend Do The Test Before Buying A New One

Back-up camera says it is not available. Tried doing a master reset and fuse #29 pull to solve back-up camera issue, but didn't work. Any advice? DVD player also has no power.

Back-up camera says it is not available. Tried doing a master reset and fuse #29 pull to solve back-up camera issue, but didn't work. Any advice? DVD player also has no power.
I doubt the DVD issue is connected with the camera issue. The camera has power due to the message that came up. Chances are the the camera will have to be replaced. There are several posts here lately from 2011 & 2012 owners with the same issue.

Peter

I replaced my reverse camera and the new one needs to be configured, has anyone else had this issue?

I know the hazards are a pain but I mean it when I tell you mine don't work. Anyone know a fix for that?

I'll just start with those two.
Thanks Everyone

I replaced my reverse camera and the new one needs to be configured, has anyone else had this issue?

I know the hazards are a pain but I mean it when I tell you mine don't work. Anyone know a fix for that?

Thanks Everyone

1. Buy OBD2 Bluetooth
2. Download Forscan And Get Extended licenses
3. Watch This Video

4. Done :)

New Member, lots of issues.

Thanks Everyone
Your thread has been merged with this one. As indicated in this thread, every time a camera is replaced it has to be configured/programmed to the vehicle. You can opt to do it yourself as described above or have the dealer do it via their IDS tool.

Peter

Do you have the self parking feature and if so are the moving Active Park Assist lines working?

Peter

None of my cars have the park assist. The explorer has the rear sonar that always works. The mustang backup lines do curve to match the steering wheel positioning to predict the backup path. When the camera doesn't work, I just get a black screen with camera not available message.

None of my cars have the park assist. The explorer has the rear sonar that always works. The mustang backup lines do curve to match the steering wheel positioning to predict the backup path. When the camera doesn't work, I just get a black screen with camera not available message.
When you replaced the camera did you have it programmed to the vehicle? That seems to be a requirement. I'm not sure if not doing that would cause a black screen.

Peter

My 2017 has the active/moving lines when backing up. Can that be "turned on" or added to my 2013 Explorer?

My 2017 has the active/moving lines when backing up. Can that be "turned on" or added to my 2013 Explorer?
I'm not sure if that can be done using Forscan or not. The Active Lines are only available on Explorers with Active Park Assist. If your 2013 doesn't have that feature then there is nothing to turn ON using any settings.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm not sure if that can be done using Forscan or not. The Active Lines are only available on Explorers with Active Park Assist. If your 2013 doesn't have that feature then there is nothing to turn ON using any settings.

Peter

Thank you for the quick reply. I do not think my 2013 has Active Park Assist. Wasnt sure if a new camera would enable it. Doubt it. Thank you again

Back