Rebuild gaskets?

Ronin8002

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 XLT Ironman
I'm going to do a performance rebuild in the near future, including the following:

-replacing rocker arms with Delta cams hardened rocker arms
-combustion chamber polishing/cleaning up the intake and exhaust ports a bit
-Compcams 422 camshaft upgrade, custom length pushrods, and dual valve springs

As far as I know, I'll need valve cover gaskets, upper/lower intake manifold gaskets, and a head gasket. There are probably some more gaskets in there....so if anyone could please tell me what they are that would be awesome.
I was looking at Fel-pro gaskets from Advanced Auto Parts and I guess it would be about 100 bucks for all of those? Or does anyone know of any good rebuild gasket sets for the 4.0 OHV that include everything I need?

Anyone with knowledge/experience in this please enlighten me.

Thanks!

-James

I wouldnt use anything but the Ford metal/rubber gaskets on the intake and the valve covers.

When I rebuilt I bought the Flepros and ended up not using half of them. Replaced them with the OEM gaskets.

The kits will have the oil pan , the timing cover, the head gaskets, o-rings for the CPS and oil filter adapter, seals for the Harmonic balancer, and the rear main seal, oil level seal, drian plug seal, plus some others I cant remember.

I ordered the OEM gaskets from FPN. Worth the extra dollars IMO.

Basically I used the Felpros for the block and lower and OEM on top- intake, upper intake, TB, Valve covers.

James did you get my E-mail?

On a rebiuld other things to replace are - the oil pickup and pump, the timing chain and the guides and tensioner

Ok....so it sounds like I still have some parts shopping to do this week :). Steve, I did get your email....thanks for writing me back and for the info. I'm looking forward to seeing how this setup is going to perform....I'll try and get some pics up if anyone is interested.

-James

Back