• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Recall 19C06 - Factory Mode & Park Release Access

cpainter3

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Troy MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Since the recall sticky thread isn’t taking replies, I thought I’d start this one for the first Gen 6 recall. Of those of us who have taken delivery, is anyone affected by this? Being in factory mode should be obvious, and the Park release access cover is easy enough to check. Based on the build date I’m definitely going to get a letter, but all clear on both issues.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

NPNelson

Reaction score
City, State
Columbus, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
Since the recall sticky thread isn’t taking replies, I thought I’d start this one for the first Gen 6 recall. Of those of us who have taken delivery, is anyone affected by this? Being in factory mode should be obvious, and the Park release access cover is easy enough to check. Based on the build date I’m definitely going to get a letter, but all clear on both issues.

I had mine checked for the recall and the dealer found everything to be in order.

themishmosh

Reaction score
City, State
NE Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
I've not gotten any notification of it. Where is the manual park release located so I can check to see if there's a cover?

cpainter3

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Troy MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer ST
I've not gotten any notification of it. Where is the manual park release located so I can check to see if there's a cover?
Bottom of the center console, under a thin mat. Either has a cover or doesn’t. Per manual:
C4A8EDCA-6698-4E1F-8457-22AF93935EA1.png

peterk9

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Aviator Reserve
Callsign
VE3
That seems to the same as the 5th gen. Brake Shift Interlock.

Peter

KMB505

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Explorer XLT
All good here. Cover in place. Instrument cluster ok too.