Recall on ALLL firestone tires?! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recall on ALLL firestone tires?!

Jasonb, No, they never said they would give me $$ on the spot, but I figured why not try. I'll go to Ford and raise a little hell and we'll see. If I fail, well, at least I tried and I'll get the money in 6-8 weeks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

:)

Jason you go and raise em hell Be an insperation for the rest of us !! You will always be a hero inmy eyes heheh

actually i plan on going by today! my tires are back at my parents house, so i may have to get them first. i really shouldn't though because i'm obviously not sending them to ford with that rebate form. i'll let you guys know what happens.

Well you still can be my hero by any means :))))

stephen, yeh, please let us know. i just bought pirellis for some new rims i bought and im gonna try to get money for em from ford - dont know how itll go though, the tires i bought are 285 60 r17, and my stock tires are 255 70 r16.

just holding my breath ;)

Why!

Why is it always so hard to have safety issues validated in other country than the one it is issued from. I read the Ford site for this and the form says outside US, contact your local Ford dealer. I live in Canada and alomost every recall you guys get, I have to fight for (isint it the same Explorer that I have?) Does someone know if Canadian tires will some day be recalled (I changed those crap 1 year before the first recall) ????:mad: :mad:

Well, I just got back from the Ford dealer...check for $650 in hand! ;-) Had no troubles or hassle with Ford to get compensated on the spot.

What I think contributed to my timely refund is: 1. I had "Replaced recalled Firestone Wilderness AT tires" purposely printed on the receipt from the dealer I got my 265-75-16s from...and 2. I told the Ford service department upon my arrival that I understood it was the dealer's discretion to pay me on the spot or not. They did.

-AC

Oh, and you DO get $130 per 16-inch tire.

did you have the new tires size printed on the receipt.....The reason I ask is cause I want to get a differnt size but wasent sure if they would accept it

dust, you WILL get reimbursement if you bought tires of a different size. i called the 'tire inquiry' line today and they said i would get money for the 285 60 r17's i bought and also, there are a few other threads concerning this topic - if you poke around you will see that people have already gotten money back for different size tires. hope this helps.

well how about maybe a 33? I have 2 sets of recalled tires(one off the explorer i used to have and the other is on my ranger now)I was thinking of getting a set of 33's to set in the garage and just replace the ones on my truck with some 265'd bfgs

you think that will fly? getting the 33's that is, I cant see why not they are about 130 a piece anyway

the dealer i asked about it here said they don't know anything about just giving us checks. all they knew about was replacing tires. guess i'll try one a little further down the road b/c i could really use that cash! the form to mail in says it takes 6-8 weeks. i don't want to wait that long! oh well...trying other dealers in atlanta now.

like i said before, there are other threads floating around with some more in depth info. it is the dealers discretion to give you a check on the spot or for you to get a check in the mail. obviously if the guy doesnt know anything about giving out money in person, youll probably get a check in the mail a month later.

FYI

I got my letter recalling the Firestones in the mail on Saturday. I called the number and told them that I already replaced my tires back in November, but my receipt doesn't note what tires were previously on there. She said no problem, it doesn't matter on the already replaced tires, only on the ones to be replaced after May 22, 2001. (meaning they don't expect a notation on receipts for tires replaced prior to May 22,) But the recall is supposed to be to compensate Firestone tire users.

The recall includes all years of explorers, but older tires will take precedence, supposedly. If your tires are/were newer than 3 years old, then you may have to wait a bit longer for your refund. (that is if you opt to pay for them your self & get a refund) So those of you with 99 & up, beware of the time frame. The lady told me that it would be 4-6 weeks for a check to come after I mail the form in :)

Spare

Tomorrow is the big day, where I get my spare replaced with somthing else. Will let you know how it went.;)

Not well

They just change the AT tires not the ATX, something about original equipement. Do they really think that with a 94 I would have ORIGINAL tires... Even if I would have put back some Firestone, AT and ATX are the same crap...arent they?:mad: :eek:

Back