Received the DORA today. First step down! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Received the DORA today. First step down!

RSNovi

Reaction score
City, State
MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
17 Limited 4WD
Ordered a White Platinum Limited 4WD on 2/21. The sales rep just sent me over the DORA to verify all was good. I hope it comes in soon. It says priority 19 so I am not sure what that means.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am on a phone so can't write much but google vehicle ordering priorities blue oval forums. There is a nice long post explaining it in detail on there.

RSNovi,

It doesn't mean anything by itself. The highest priority a dealer can use is a 10. That said, he may never use that. He might start at 15 or 20 so that he leaves himself room underneath existing Retail or Stock orders if he gets something he really needs to move on.

Orders with different priorities between dealers don't compete with each other, so if your guy uses 19 and another uses 10, it won't matter.

What you really need to know is how many vehicles he is allocated by Ford, how many orders of the same or lower priority he has to fill, and if he can get Retail orders filled outside of stock allocation. If he's forthright, he'll tell you where you are. But he's not obligated to do that. A salesman can't usually tell you - you need an ordering manager.

Ordered a White Platinum Limited 4WD on 2/21. The sales rep just sent me over the DORA to verify all was good. I hope it comes in soon. It says priority 19 so I am not sure what that means.

how long did it take oyu to get your dora?

The day i went to my dealer and gave him a check for $1000 for the special order - he printed off a document that has most of the information i hear a DORA contains. But i dont see DORA anywhere on it.

My page begins with VEHICLE ORDER CONFIRMATION.. how can i tell if this is the right document? thanks

I ordered a white Limited on 2/21 too!

When I first read the title I thought DORA was your pet name for the X, as in Dora the Explorer lol yeah, I had to google that one. So far I just have my VOC.

DORA is Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement. It may well be that the VOC you received is an equivalent (or replacement) document and DORA is just what folks still call it.

(CORRECTED)

Mine was titled Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgment. The dealer sent it over to me to double check everything I wanted was ordered.

It looks like it was printed off some 1980's dot matrix printer. :)

Chris

Back