Recent FORScan database | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recent FORScan database

If you're driving an American model, on the left side of your IPC there is a menu option under 'Lighting'. De-select Daytime Run Lights. This will keep signature lights on and low beams off when headlamps are set to auto during the daytime. Another way is to simply set your headlamps to off. Either way, you don't need Forscan.

if you're driving a Canadian model, there's a menu option for DRL that you need to enable in IPC first, then you should be able to disable it the same way as above.
I'm not sure if something changed in the 19s. But mine didn't show it on the left menu at all previously, after disabling the drl in the ipc menu in forscan, drl now shows up in the left vehicle menu.

But I'm unable to toggle down to it to disable or enable whatsoever. I'm stumped on this one.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That is odd.

Let me check what I did in FORScan to add the halo lights as drls.

I'm not sure if something changed in the 19s. But mine didn't show it on the left menu at all previously, after disabling the drl in the ipc menu in forscan, drl now shows up in the left vehicle menu.

But I'm unable to toggle down to it to disable or enable whatsoever. I'm stumped on this one.
Some base models do not have signature lights. Just to confirm, you do have them on yours right? They should automatically be on anytime the car is on or doors open.

Here is what I did to add halos as DRL. I did have the option in the left IPC menu under lighting to shut off DRL.

Halo as DRL, BCM 726-26-02, x*xx xxxx xxxx, changed * to 1, was 0, BCM 726-50-01 needed to be 017F, had done already.

Stop DRLs from Dimming, BCM 726-29-02, x*xx x.. xxzz, changed * to 1, was 0.

To have this work as it should, DRL is off in the left IPC menu and lights are set to Auto.

Some base models do not have signature lights. Just to confirm, you do have them on yours right? They should automatically be on anytime the car is on or doors open.
Yes it has them, mine is a 19 Limted as in my sig.

20200901_180459.jpg

Here is what I did to add halos as DRL. I did have the option in the left IPC menu under lighting to shut off DRL.

Halo as DRL, BCM 726-26-02, x*xx xxxx xxxx, changed * to 1, was 0, BCM 726-50-01 needed to be 017F, had done already.

Stop DRLs from Dimming, BCM 726-29-02, x*xx x.. xxzz, changed * to 1, was 0.

To have this work as it should, DRL is off in the left IPC menu and lights are set to Auto.
Thank you, I'll give it a try later today. I know yours is a 18 & mine a 19. Not sure if Ford changed anything in the menus in the 1 year difference...

They must have. Even though our EXP's look exactly the same. Ha.

I don't get it...the sig lights are always on why do you need to do anything in Forscan?

Also....I'm jealous of the park/turn running light he has. Lol

I don't get it...the sig lights are always on why do you need to do anything in Forscan?

Also....I'm jealous of the park/turn running light he has. Lol

Honestly not sure. Maybe that wasn't figured out when I made those changes...

I'm jealous too. I saw a 16 behind me last week with them on.

Its odd, the sig lights are the only ones on when remote started and heads are set to auto. But when put in drive the low beams come on as well, regardless of day or night.

Maybe that's why I had to make changes in FORScan?

I forgot that it might make a difference when it is put into gear.

Well this sucks my not even 3 yr old Asus Rog laptop just died, when going to log in to use Forscan!😡🤬🤬🤬

Its odd, the sig lights are the only ones on when remote started and heads are set to auto. But when put in drive the low beams come on as well, regardless of day or night.
Mine does same thing but when I go into IPC (left side) and go to Settings -> Vehicle -> Lighting and uncheck Daytime Lights, it no longer turns on low beams when in drive. Guess they changed it for 2019

Mine does same thing but when I go into IPC (left side) and go to Settings -> Vehicle -> Lighting and uncheck Daytime Lights, it no longer turns on low beams when in drive. Guess they changed it for 2019
Changing 2 settings in forscan lastnite made the daytime lights option appear now. But it won't allow me to toggle down and select it or deselect it as it is now. Previously I don't believe daytime lights was there.

Even verified by starting the suv and putting in D, that the low beams still come on in daytime with the halos. Ill try getting around to changing as built data using my sons laptop another time. Thats the the only thing I would really like to change.

I hate the lowbeams being on in broad daylight, prefer Only the Halos by themselves.

20210124_141445.jpg

Changing 2 settings in forscan lastnite made the daytime lights option appear now. But it won't allow me to toggle down and select it or deselect it as it is now. Previously I don't believe daytime lights was there.

Even verified by starting the suv and putting in D, that the low beams still come on in daytime with the halos. Ill try getting around to changing as built data using my sons laptop another time. Thats the the only thing I would really like to change.

I hate the lowbeams being on in broad daylight, prefer Only the Halos by themselves.

View attachment 326929
Wow, it's so strange how different the settings are between 18 and 19.

When you try Forscan again, in BCM under the easy setting (NOT in the as built module), there should be a couple DRL settings. At least one of them you can set to disabled - give that a try if you haven't already. Next time I'm in Forscan I'll take a photo of the setting.

Wow, it's so strange how different the settings are between 18 and 19.

When you try Forscan again, in BCM under the easy setting (NOT in the as built module), there should be a couple DRL settings. At least one of them you can set to disabled - give that a try if you haven't already. Next time I'm in Forscan I'll take a photo of the setting.
Yes thats what I did in Forscan. I used the easy setting only enable and disable. I didnt mess with As Built Data. Makes me nervous... haha

One drl setting was enabled and the other disable. I only switched each of those settings, cycled the ignition off then on as instructed, then the setting showed up in the ipc. But, it won't let me toggle to it, nor select or unselect it as it already shows it is.

If I recall, I did all this in the IPC setting easy menu. I couldn't get into the bcm via the easy settings. I didnt bother trying getting into any asbuilt menus.

I looked at my IPC lighting and I have Auto Highbeam, Autolamp Delay, and Daytime Lights.

I looked at my IPC lighting and I have Auto Highbeam, Autolamp Delay, and Daytime Lights.
The only one I have any interest in is disabling the lowbeam drls.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back