Recharing R12 - where to get the hoses? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

Recharing R12 - where to get the hoses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hydroxy

I like to fiddle...
Reaction score
City, State
Fairfax, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1995 Limited v6
Ok, I need to recharge the AC on a R12 system. I already have a can of it, so I think it's stupid to pay a service station $150 to recharge it.

I have recharged 134a on my old explorer, very simple w/ $20 kit from Advanced Auto Parts. However I'm nervous about doing R12 because:

A. I'm not a tree hugger, but I also try and save the enviroment whenever I can... I dont want to accidently let a bunch loose in the air.
B. People keep saying you have to be certified to handle R12... I dont want to blow anything up.
C. I dont have a can-tapping kit or hoses/gauges to hookup to the system.

Sooooo if anyone has a link to a site where I can buy something to satisfy A,B,C or any advise - please let me know =).

Blee1099

Evil Asian
Moderator Emeritus
EF Vendor
Reaction score
City, State
Elkridge, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
Your gonna have a hard time finding R-12 freon without having a recovery license. The hoses should be still available at any parts store. Then again I have a set of manifold gauges from Snap-On that I bought about 10 years ago.

Also you don't need to post the same question twice..

Status
Not open for further replies.