• Register Today It's free!

reclining passenage seat

georgiabuck

Reaction score
City, State
GRIFFIN, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLT
Is there a way to recline the passenage seat farther back than the factory setting? Thanks, Andrew

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I thought I would try to bring this back up for anybody new to the board. I'm trying to get my wife to sleep on trip so she doesn't critique every move I make on the road. I know that you're able to lay the seats back on mustangs, but they're designed different. Need some help. Thanks.

Is this something I'm going have to figure out and let everyone else know "howto"? Come on guys.......I'm a follower not a leader. :)

If you don't mind, I'd like to add onto your thread...is there a way to retrofit the second row seats in a 2003 Explorer so that they will recline? Is there a simple part that can be borrowed from a 2005 model (which recline) to do this?

From what I observed it looks like there are 2 springs one on each side.
This is what they look like when its not reclined.
View attachment 36655
This is what they look like when its reclined.
View attachment 36656
Looking at this pic you'll notice how the bar in the middle has a flat spot cut out of it this will also prevent the seat from further reclining.
View attachment 36657
I'm not saying its impossible, but it looks like you'll have to cut some of the spring out and lengthen the flat area cut out.

Very nice work wolverine. Thanks. I'll see if I can add some to it. "Maybe not day...maybe not tomorrow....but soon."

Has any one tried to make the sececond row seats in 2002/2003 Explorer to receline? Any one knows a way or answer to the volkl's questions?

If you don't mind, I'd like to add onto your thread...is there a way to retrofit the second row seats in a 2003 Explorer so that they will recline? Is there a simple part that can be borrowed from a 2005 model (which recline) to do this?

Back