• Register Today It's free!

Reclining Rear Seats

yabismal13

Reaction score
City, State
Las Vegas, NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
Happy holidays!

Was thinking of a new project: modify my 2nd row seats so that they recline backwards, like the front seats. Has anyone done this before? Would this be a relatively easy DIY?

-Rick

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

my 96 has factory reclining rear seat. they dont lay back real far but atleast a few inches and every inch counts lol. i have also seen a tread on installin 2 buckets back there instead of the 60/40 split. merry christmas!

just noticed you have a 02 though but maybe that tread will help a little atleast.

Hmmm my 05 has a 40-20-40 split bench and the outer 2 recline. Maybe just find some of those and bolt them up?

not too old of a thread but is there a way to do this without buying new seats, i would do it if they would match the material and fabric of my front and third row but, i like the stock leather colors, would it just be modifying a new slot for the lever's teeth to grab into?

not too old of a thread but is there a way to do this without buying new seats, i would do it if they would match the material and fabric of my front and third row but, i like the stock leather colors, would it just be modifying a new slot for the lever's teeth to grab into?

I think the mild reclining of rear two seats is partially for third row access they flip down and back if you took it all apart i bet you can cut new grooves/ stops for back it would work... Take one out and try it don't forget to take lots of pics and maybe a howto when its done

I think the mild reclining of rear two seats is partially for third row access they flip down and back if you took it all apart i bet you can cut new grooves/ stops for back it would work... Take one out and try it don't forget to take lots of pics and maybe a howto when its done

Im so scared to break stuff, but if i do ill take a video that way i cant miss a step on putting it back together, it may take many months for me to do so, so no pushing me

Im so scared to break stuff, but if i do ill take a video that way i cant miss a step on putting it back together, it may take many months for me to do so, so no pushing me
:thumbsup:
its not much to a rear seat especially if you have the three middle seats for third row access I know those aren't much to take apart just take the seat out and like you said make a video
Worst case scenario you leave out a back seat for a bit

:thumbsup:
its not much to a rear seat especially if you have the three middle seats for third row access I know those aren't much to take apart just take the seat out and like you said make a video
Worst case scenario you leave out a back seat for a bit

that's the part i hate, i want it to be all together, maybe i'll run this when i repaint my x since itll have to sit still during that time

Back