Recommended Speaker and Sub | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recommended Speaker and Sub

LogiQ

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer ST
Hey, i just bought a '03 Explorer ST and it already has an Alpine cda-9856 installed. i was wondering what kind of speakers and sub i should get. and also, where can i put the sub. i was thinking of a pioneer shallow sub behind or below the second row of seats. i already have an amp but i think it was wired incorrectly so the speakers are opposite of where they should be (front/rear, left/right). would the wiring problem be at the head unit or at the amp? for the speakers, i was thinking either polk audio or infinity. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

You should be able to switch the wiring around at the amp...

if anyone knows of any good car audio shop in southern california or in colorado that can help me install, that would be greatly appreciated.

Speakers are a personal choice. MB Quart, Polk, Focal, Boston Acoustics, Infinity, Alpine, they all make good speaker, as well as others. I would go to your local car audio store all listen to as many different brands as you can to find out what you like and what you are willing to pay for. When you go to listen make sure you take your fav. CD with you. That way you know how the song is supposed to sound

Back