Recommended tire pressure. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Recommended tire pressure.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

the pressure on the tire is for maximum life of the tire, but most people choose comfort over that. It's really preference on air pressue. I would recommen bumping it up to about 45; then drive it and see what you think. If it is too rough, knock it down to 42; so on and so on. I run about 32 in my 35 psi tires, but I think you would be good with about 38psi because the all-terrains are a soft compound and have very flexible walls -- so the ride shouldn't be too stiff

-Drew

Thanks, I'll play around w/ the pressure. On a similiar note, I went from 255/70/R16 to the 30's, cause I had them, but they are one 15 inch rims. I can see that there is some negative camber now. Not much though. Can I adjust this by cranking the torsion bars a little? thanks

tcbradbury98 said:
.... I can see that there is some negative camber now. Not much though. Can I adjust this by cranking the torsion bars a little? thanks

No, that won't change the camber. The biggest thing a torsion twist does to the alignment is change the toe-in. You'll have to get an alignment.

BTW, changing tires and/or rims will not affect the alignment in the slightest.

Back