• Register Today It's free!

recovery ? looks

jeremyc653

Reaction score
City, State
st pete fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 ford sport trac
Alright I was just wondering..... Brush guard or tow hooks? Right now i have the tow hooks on and im loving it but i will admit the brush guard did save my sport trac a few times. But I also was told that the brush guard didnt count as a recovery because it would just bend.
Picture041.jpg

100_0264.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just send the tow hooks down to me in Miami. But yeah, that brush guard would probably bend it you pulled on it.

Just send the tow hooks down to me in Miami. But yeah, that brush guard would probably bend it you pulled on it.

lol ya im trying to figure out what I can do with the brush guard

Make some eyelet extensions where the brushguard will bolt on from.
any competant metal worker should be able to do that for you if you give them a few ideas.

as far as pulling, if you strap at the mounting points on the brush guard, it shouldn't bend. (the original place the tow hooks were mounted)

im not going to get anything for it open to offers

What brand brush guard is it?

Brush or the other style bar i seen it on ebay will be good, last week i had a small car accident my ST was not hurt @ all no dint!! but the other car got a mini bend on the back door, now if i had a brush or style front bar it could end in worst for the other part and my ST just like nothing happens..., anyway an in the same ?? as you. dont know what to install..

I was Thinking about this:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ford-EXPLORER-SPORT-TRAC-01-02-hook-truck-auto-part-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem3a59f102c2QQitemZ250617070274QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Or the one showing in here, dont know were to look for:http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/02-03-04-05-06-Ford-Explorer-Sport-Trac-Billet-Grille-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem45f2372fbfQQitemZ300416446399QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_2066wt_958

Jesus that second link is a sale of a grill not the bull bar in the picture.

ha, I know i was in that moment on ebay and saw the bull bar on that article. thanks!

ya it has saved my st before here are some pics lol

100_0607.jpg

100_0609.jpg

100_0610.jpg

this is the pic after the accident i took off my brush gurad because the top was bent back and i couldnt get to the hood. I have to small dents in the center where the hood changes from raised to lower
100_0612.jpg

100_0605.jpg

PS this was at like 40 mph

Man I Say, it will save ur ST but it will crush the other car so bad....

Man I Say, it will save ur ST but it will crush the other car so bad....

What car are you worried about more your ex that u have xxxx amount of money in or the other guy who's car you just destroyed. For what ever reason you got into the accident?

Back