Recovery/traction board's?

Vice726

Reaction score
City, State
Garner
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 explorer limited
20210529_112527.jpg
picture attached. Has anyone mounted Rocery boards on top of there explorer? How did you mount them? I didn't get my new explorer stuck, but I have gotten my old 2018 explorer stuck a couple times because I over heated the awd.

If anyone has recovery boards do you have photos? What did you use to mount them?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I don't recall this topic coming up before. Good luck.

Peter

I moved from a wrangler to a ‘21 explorer recently and I’ve had similar thoughts. Right now I’m going to throw traction boards in the back I think, but here are a few ideas.

Install cross bars and cargo rack on roof, mount to rack.

Install hitch if you don’t have one. Pit a hitch mount luggage carrier on the back.

Install hitch. Build a travel trailer.

I’d also feel a little better if it had a limited slip. The truetrak I had in the jeep was awesome.

Yeah I'm thinking crossbars are going to be my best option. The explorer did good on its own, I don't do any serious off-roading. Only beach cruising. I think the most helpful is going to be smaller wheels and bigger tires.

Thats good to hear. I’m a little worried about how it’ll do crossing dunes for beach house access.

I use to live here for years, and worked on Corova beach almost every weekend. As long as you carry good momentum you'll be fine on the dunes. If the access looks too messed up, from people not knowing what they are doing and digging, just drive to the next access.

Thats good to hear. I’m a little worried about how it’ll do crossing dunes for beach house access.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:

Peter

Back