Red Brake Pads?

Justyman87

2011 Ford Explorer Owner!
Reaction score
City, State
New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited
Has anyone considered or has added red brake pads to their Explorer? I am interested in how it would look before I decide to do it.
Thanks!
- Justin

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

EBC type pads or calipers? I don't see how red pads would even be visible.

The outside EBC ones. (I think.) They should be visible through the chrome spokes no? Aren’t the breaks the ones you can see through the spokes in the wheel?

What I am talking about on my car:
IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

On my dads car:
IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

I think on a ford red would look hot.

Those are red calipers, not brake pads

Those are red calipers, not brake pads

Well I feel stupid. I never was a big car guy. Sorry folks!

jcerrion said:
this is the thread you should be looking though and discussing in. I believe 1 or 2 members have put caliper covers on. Pics included in this thread.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...d.php?t=356359

Thanks i’ll take a look at the thread. I searched but couldn’t find.
- Justin

EDIT: Just clicked the link and it doesn’t work.

Well I feel stupid. I never was a big car guy. Sorry folks!

Thanks i’ll take a look at the thread. I searched but couldn’t find.
- Justin

EDIT: Just clicked the link and it doesn’t work.

check page 2 of the modified section. Title of thread is "caliper covers"

check page 2 of the modified section. Title of thread is "caliper covers"

Got it before I checked this reply. Thanks. Not sure if I am in love with them but I may try it.
- Justin

Paint or better yet powdercoat your 'CALIPERS', forget the 'caliper covers, they are so cheesy!!!

Got it before I checked this reply. Thanks. Not sure if I am in love with them but I may try it.
- Justin

Yes JETZ, we all know your opinion on the matter :crazy: lol

I wonder how much painting them would cost.

I wonder how much painting them would cost.

I pulled off 1 wheel at a time and painted mine. Took about 1.5 hours total to do 2 coats. Cost about $10 plus my time. You can use a rust paint or spend a little more for actual caliper paint...variety of colors. Sorry no pics but it's an easy job on a weekend or early evening. Hope this helps.

I pulled off 1 wheel at a time and painted mine. Took about 1.5 hours total to do 2 coats. Cost about $10 plus my time. You can use a rust paint or spend a little more for actual caliper paint...variety of colors. Sorry no pics but it's an easy job on a weekend or early evening. Hope this helps.

Cool thanks for the suggestion.
- Justin

I just want give him good advice so people don't laugh at his car! :D

Hehehe... Well, as long as you were just looking out for him :)

To pull them off and paint them don't you have to bleed the brakes, etc? Or do you leave the lines connected and just mask, etc?

To pull them off and paint them don't you have to bleed the brakes, etc? Or do you leave the lines connected and just mask, etc?

I left everything connected and took my time...just be careful. Mine turned out great, and with the edge 22" sport wheels, they get a lot of looks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I left everything connected and took my time...just be careful. Mine turned out great, and with the edge 22" sport wheels, they get a lot of looks!

I'm thinking of doing bright blue on my silver Sport when it comes

Back