Red Lake Trail outside of Fresno Ca | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Red Lake Trail outside of Fresno Ca

RockRanger

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
This is a trail up in the Sierra Nevada Mountain range east of Fresno by Shaver Lake. This past weekend a local 4wd club was having a run where they take kids with a troubled past out on a 4wd trail. Most of the kids are 1 step away from being in Juvenile Hall or even prison once they turn 18. We wheeled in where they cooked hamburgers and hot dogs did some fishing then wheeled back out. Tracy had not been wheeling in over a year and well over 6 months for me. Did a few fluid changes and had Tracys jeep up and ready to go. We ended up with a kid named Anthony riding with us. He was great to talk to and hopefully will be able to change the direction he has been heading. On to the pictures.

index.php

index.php

Yes there is a DP in my hand :D

index.php

More pictures from the trip can be seen here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice...:thumbsup:

we were just down the road from you a week ago, we went up to Sequoia to show the big trees to the kids.

hmmmmmmmmmmm looks like fatherhood is being taken seriously!
Good job and a high five

I'll bet that it was nice to have some family time for you too.

We Left Bailey with Grandma and Grandpa for the day. We are still debating on taking her to Truckhaven in October. It was actually a much tougher trail then I thought it would be. I would want to do it without 33"s, one locker and sliders. We had a fe lesser rigs with us and they had to beat there way in and out. It was just right for Tracy's jeep for a nice relaxing but challenging trail. Hopefully next year we will be able to do a day or two of camping and fishing up there.

Back