• Register Today It's free!

Redid my Retrofit on my 08 ST

diesel_s

Reaction score
City, State
Buford, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 ST Limited
So as some of you know I had a really bad accident back in December of 2014 where i was rear ended by a Costco Semi truck and pushed into the rear of an F350. Needless to say my truck suffered over $16k in damage and because none of my airbags went off and the frame didn't bend, my idiot insurance company did not total the truck. Amongst the wreckage was my original retrofit, LED Light Bar, Off-Road Ram Bar, and some other mods that were all destroyed. I'm starting over now that I'm healing enough to do some kind of extraneous work haha.

One of my first rebuilds has been my retrofit. I did a quad retrofit in the headlights and a simple retro in the fogs. I have a few alignment quirks to work out when i Heal a little more, standing and crouching in certain positions to do this build was killer on my neck and back. I also work for The RetrofitSource and I am an authorized dealer under DropGearz Motorsports. I'm happy to give any tips and answer any questions. Explorer forum has proved invaluable to me with all of my trucks with the wealth of info. I'm only glad to help.

DSC_0770_zpskuveblt6.jpg

Removed the factory turn signal and installed Morimoto Matchbox Projectors in their place and Morimoto D2S 3.0 Rounds with Panamera shrouds where my factory headlights were. My foglight were gutted in favor of Morimoto Mini H1 projectors which are in al honesty a little big for the housing and require modification to fit but damn they're bright. All 6 operate as high beams and low beams. Thats right, i installed our "correctional splitter" to keep the fogs from turning off when the high beams are activated.

DSC_0775_zps37zzjrkr.jpg

DSC_0778_zpsjykphvur.jpg

DSC_0830_zpsdzsvexqq.jpg

DSC_0833_zpsavfz0dna.jpg

DSC_0838_zpspdqa2dci.jpg

These are the Morimoto XSB Switchback Halos and Strips in the housing, this is how i maintained a turn signal.....or 14 lol. I also laser etched an inverse version of my logo onto the lenses of the projectors.

DSC_0843_zpsbad9ztzi.jpg

DSC_0844_zpsvi6v9p7q.jpg

The next image below shows my turn signals, the factory 194/168 parking light bulb was removed in favor of 3 of the morimoto XSB 3" Switchback strips which I have no deemed to short to fit into that reflector and will be replacing them with 3 of the 6" strips

DSC_0850_zps3deevth1.jpg

DSC_0856_zpsaue0rbwd.jpg

All 6 projectors on, the HID kits are as follows:
-Headlights: Morimoto D2S XB55 Elite HID System with 5500K Bulbs
- Secondary Headlights: Morimoto XB35 Elite HID System with H1 5500k Bulbs
-Fog lights: Morimoto XB35 Elite HID System with H1 5500k Bulbs

DSC_0864_zpsz7buppnt.jpg

DSC_0867_zpsplcfwaix.jpg

The headlight shrouds will match the fogs very soon, i've already painted new shrouds the exact same Gold.

Just because, I purchased a new third brake light since my other one was cracked in the accident, this one was preferably over the recon simply because i wasn't impressed with the recon cargo lights, i think they're far to dim especially for that price. This one has LED's for the third brake light which are remarkably bright and I installed our Morimoto XB LED T10/194/168 bulbs into the cargo lights and my God they are bright. They're also in my tag lights, and courtesy lights. My interior lights are the Morimoto XB LED 42mm Festoons which are even brighter.

DSC_0814_zps2tlh5zdz.jpg

DSC_0871_zpshd61hfa8.jpg

Gotta represent home everywhere I go:
DSC_0882_zps9uwjq1v2.jpg

DSC_0888_zps9tpetyab.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wow! awesome!
so no cutting had to be done?

wow! awesome!
so no cutting had to be done?

Very little cutting had to be done. The bowls on the factory headlights were trimmed to fit the projectors, the shrouds on the main headlights were trimmed, the mini H1 bowls were trimmed along with their shrouds to fit into the fog lights and the fog light housings required a good bit of cutting. The bowls for the turn signals were removed and the matchbox projectors fit right in

The Texas edition emblems are pretty slick. I just looked for California edition emblems but no luck. haha I love the led brake light! I have been wanting to do leds on all the back side. Do you know what all the bulb numbers are and does your website have them?

The Texas edition emblems are pretty slick. I just looked for California edition emblems but no luck. �� haha I love the led brake light! I have been wanting to do leds on all the back side. Do you know what all the bulb numbers are and does your website have them?

Thank ya! The rear brake lights are 4157's which are 3157 bulbs after market, the rear cargo lights, 3rd brake light, tag lights, courtesy lights, and parking lights are all T10/194/168 bulbs, the front turn signals are 3157 bulbs and the reverse lights are either 921's in some models or 3156's in others. The interior bulbs for the map and some light are 42mm festoons....our website has them all

Back