Redline Tuning hood struts installed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Redline Tuning hood struts installed

Rat72

Reaction score
City, State
England
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer Platinum
Installation was pretty straightforward worthy modification. :)

42838E8F-FBE5-4064-891C-DE56E707C6A9.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I opted for the carbon fiber sleeves as well.

Thanks, my pleasure to serve!

I wish MRT made a set of the No Drill ones...doesn't look like they do just yet. I have installed a few of those on a few family Explorers...

I wish MRT made a set of the No Drill ones...doesn't look like they do just yet. I have installed a few of those on a few family Explorers...

Honestly, this is the first time I had actually worked with rivets. I was sheepish at first but watched a couple YouTube videos and felt comfortable going forward. I stepped up the drill bit sizes rather than just drilling the finished hole for the rivet.

Glad i saw this thread. My Redline's are enroute.

Installation was pretty straightforward worthy modification. :)

View attachment 316145
How do the struts wear out on a brand new 2020 Explorer already? I have 105K on my 2007 Explorer Sport Trac with original struts. The only one that needed replacing was the one in the bed that holds up the trap door.

How do the struts wear out on a brand new 2020 Explorer already? I have 105K on my 2007 Explorer Sport Trac with original struts. The only one that needed replacing was the one in the bed that holds up the trap door.
Hood Struts...they didn't come with any except a hood Prop ;)

You said it more politely ...............
So someone has a question and you’d be less than polite? GREAT forum quality right there.

He probably assumed since it was always standard on Explorers that the “latest and greatest” (And more expensive) would have included a very basic feature.

Ordered my QuickLift Plus struts this morning. Not crazy about having to drill holes but I have no choice I guess. Part 21-11036-02.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back