Redline Tuning hood struts installed | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Redline Tuning hood struts installed

It may be due to cost but only the manufacturer would know for sure. There is about a $75 difference between the two items. I think we sometimes try to over-analyze things or to simply start discussions.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

From the looks of the original post, the struts do not appear to be in the way of doing anything in the engine compartment. I am 65 and have been working on vehicles since i was 16 in auto mechanics class in high school. Not once have i thought, dang these struts are in my way. But Hey, thats just me.

Wait until you have to remove the battery. ;)

Peter

...or change the plugs, or check the oil, or add oil. Have you actually looked in your 2020 Explorer engine compartment yet?

Redline (Charlie) is now a Forum Vendor offering discounts to forum members.

Peter

Bought mine too early😳😳LOL
Welcome Charlie

Redline Tuning struts added to mine last week. Almost as easy as my Mustang, WAY easier than my Speed3.

Why would it not be for cost savings? Very little is done on cars to make them easier to work on. Every generation gets more stupidly complex and require more specialized tooling. They could easily make the hydraulic struts so they were less obtrusive than the prop rod.

Agreed. It was most likely deleted for initial cost savings and no warranty replacements.

I believe the Lincolns have the struts. At least the Aviator does. Given how and where the battery is mounted, a prop rod would make the servicing/replacement of the battery much easier. I've also noticed that the Lincoln struts are oriented in a different way than those Redline ones.

Peter

...or change the plugs, or check the oil, or add oil. Have you actually looked in your 2020 Explorer engine compartment yet?
I've looked in mine - I don't see a problem with checking the oil or adding oil. I bought a funnel extension for my Mustang EB. It should do well on my Limited, too. As for plugs, #4 might be a stretch, but considering the 100K interval and my 8K/yr driving, I expect not to encounter a problem.

Back