Rekey Tonneau Cover and Bed Gate Locks | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Rekey Tonneau Cover and Bed Gate Locks

Black_Sport

Reaction score
City, State
Nashville, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'02 Sport Trac
I bought my truck a little over a year ago and have always wanted to get my locks fixed but never really put too much time into it.

My Tonneau cover and my bed gate locks don't match the ignition key. Or my spare key set. I'm not sure why... but they don't.

I've thought about taking them to the Dealer but i'm sure they'll cost my an arm and a leg. Does anyone know someone I could mail the three locks to with the spare key and have them rekey it?

Any other ideas?

I had mine re-keyed at a local key shop to match my ignition. check out the search function and you will probably find my old posts. Its a early 07 model year thing. I only did the tonneau cover as the end gate matched already, but the end gate is simple to pull and get keyed as well. I have had mine apart twice to adjust the latches.

Thanks Tech! I found it by stalking your posts haha.

I'm about to head to Washington State (from Tennessee) so i'll have to find me a good locksmith up there. I've already removed them all myself as I've done your typical door rekeying but these double sided keys and locks I don't have the patience for.

Here is the link to a more detailed thread for future Explorers: 07 Sport Trac Tonneau Cover Keys

Back