Remember the XP8 on Ebay???

FrankRizzo

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Los Angeles, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
330 XLT
Lemme start off by saying that I'm really into reading the posts over at Civic Sports.com forum. I basicaly check all the posts and look for good sigs. Then I copy and paste them over here...sometimes a couple of times a day.....wow!! that feels a lot better to get off my chest! I like sharing with you guys!

Anyways....remember the XP8 from last week's Bay of E??? Dead Link Removed
It only made it to $18.6k. Sorry for the dude, but that makes me feel better about the numerous low ball offers every time I've tried to unload mine....This proves 2 things: Germans love David Hasselhoff and Explorers are not good investments.

Interesting thing is at the bottom of the he explains how the 20's are replacement for a "recall item" that the dealer installed. I wondered how Saleen would handle wheel warranties if you were not local to exchange...
He says "Answer to a few questions: The factory Saleen wheels were defective & replaced by dealer -- approved by Saleen. From what I understand this was true in all 99 models. The wheel change could not be avoided." I musta missed that memo, cuz the only way I found out was someone in the parts department slipped and told me when discussing Mustang wheels.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

interesting... there is a black xp8 fpr sale near my house...

That is a damn nice XP8 though.

that is a nice truck..... anyone know where I can get one of those hoods? I know saleen stopped making them.

now i feel much better in the fact that mine is worth $5100. :D i personally think the low retail value is due to 2 different things: the whole Firestone vs. Ford vs. Firestone thing, and the fact that there are 6 trillion 95-up explorers on the road. its funny, cuz that Saleen would have brought $30k on ebay 2 years ago...

Back