• Register Today It's free!

Remote features disabled

fordgirlee21

Reaction score
City, State
Stanton
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Ford explorer xlt
Has any gotten a message in their fordpass app saying remote features disabled to persevere battery? I get it all the time and not sure what it means? I have a 2021 Ford explorer.

Screenshot_20230207-170316_FordPass.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I believe that has to do with the vehicle going into Deep Sleep mode and yes several members have received that message.

Peter

I got that a few years ago due to a needed software update of some modules. Modules did not "sleep" correctly when the vehicle was off, and created a drain on the battery. Additionally, my battery really was failing and needed to be replaced. Don't ignore it too long, you may find your battery is dead one morning. Once they updated the software and replaced the battery, it has been better off.

Has any gotten a message in their fordpass app saying remote features disabled to persevere battery? I get it all the time and not sure what it means? I have a 2021 Ford explorer.

View attachment 438949
I’m starting to get it more and more. It just recently started on a cross-country trip. Reading the information provided by Ford, you’ve either let you car sit too long or your battery hasn’t been charged completely.

My thought is unless you are doing a lot of short trips or not driving you Explorer much, it could be a first sign that you’re battery will need to be replaced soon or there is an issue with your charging system. Probably the former.

I’m starting to get it more and more. It just recently started on a cross-country trip. Reading the information provided by Ford, you’ve either let you car sit too long or your battery hasn’t been charged completely.

My thought is unless you are doing a lot of short trips or not driving you Explorer much, it could be a first sign that you’re battery will need to be replaced soon or there is an issue with your charging system. Probably the former.
My original battery lasted less than 2 years about 17,000 miles.

I fit that description and get the low battery warning several times. All the battery requires is a charge. It has happened to all my vehicles over the years and after charging the battery it is good to go again. I've never had to replace the battery and it always seems to pass the battery test when I take it in for scheduled maintenance.

Peter

I fit that description and get the low battery warning several times. All the battery requires is a charge. It has happened to all my vehicles over the years and after charging the battery it is good to go again. I've never had to replace the battery and it always seems to pass the battery test when I take it in for scheduled maintenance.

Peter
Are you the person who doesn’t drive frequently?

My thought is since you don't drive frequently, your issue is lack of charging during routine use. For those who frequently drive at least 15-20 minutes at a time and frequently longer the issue isn't a charging issue. The issue is a battery getting to the end of its usable life. If it is, there is a problem with the charging system working correctly, unless a lot of electronics have been added.

My thought is since you don't drive frequently, your issue is lack of charging during routine use. .........................................................
You've nailed it.👍
I lease my vehicles. My current average is about 156 miles a month. With the previous 2017 Platinum I averaged about 207 miles per month. It's no wonder the dealer is anxious to get them back before lease end.;) FYI, I retired 21 years ago.

Peter

You've nailed it.👍
I lease my vehicles. My current average is about 156 miles a month. With the previous 2017 Platinum I averaged about 207 miles per month. It's no wonder the dealer is anxious to get them back before lease end.;) FYI, I retired 21 years ago.

Peter
Wow, I drive about that much in a week (20-mile 1-way commute, 4 days a week).

View attachment 438949
I don’t know if it’s related, but the other day my 4x4 module went out. Threw all kinds of codes. Had it replaced and I haven’t seen the deep sleep message since. I’m wondering if maybe there was an “electric leak” in that module resulting in the message and eventual failure.

View attachment 438949
I started to get this message at the end of December. 2023 Explorer Timberline. Since then it appears more and more often. Even within 12 hours of parking after driving 50 plus miles. Dealership says nothing is wrong and battery is good. Taking it to a different dealership later today to get them to check it. Looking at numerous responses it looks like it might need a new battery so I hope they will change it as the car is less than a year old

I started to get this message at the end of December. 2023 Explorer Timberline. Since then it appears more and more often. Even within 12 hours of parking after driving 50 plus miles. Dealership says nothing is wrong and battery is good. Taking it to a different dealership later today to get them to check it. Looking at numerous responses it looks like it might need a new battery so I hope they will change it as the car is less than a year old
Well it looks like they have found the issue. The battery is fine, but they did a deeper dive and it was the BMS (Battery Monitoring System), for some reason it had dropped to 22% and was stuck. They reset they believe it should fix it. I will take it back in a few weeks and get them to check what it is at then.

Well it looks like they have found the issue. The battery is fine, but they did a deeper dive and it was the BMS (Battery Monitoring System), for some reason it had dropped to 22% and was stuck. They reset they believe it should fix it. I will take it back in a few weeks and get them to check what it is at then.
A lot of times when the battery is replaced people forget or are unaware that the BMS should be reset to erase the memory of the old battery. That may not have been the problem in your case if the battery is original.

Peter

My voltages were dropping and fluctuating. Repaced the BMS a few months ago, roughly at 80k miles. Since then, voltages stable and acting like it should. the BMS is relatively cheap too and an easy DIY.

A lot of times when the battery is replaced people forget or are unaware that the BMS should be reset to erase the memory of the old battery. That may not have been the problem in your case if the battery is original.

Peter
The car is less than a year old and the battery was tested multiple times. That was the frustrating part. When I took it in they would just test the battery and say it was fine. So when I took my car in for the camera recall I asked them to check further (a different dealership to my regular one). They found the issue.

With electronics, unless the error is occurring now they are difficult to diagnose. You might have something getting ready to fail, but until it fails they might not see anything.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

With electronics, unless the error is occurring now they are difficult to diagnose. You might have something getting ready to fail, but until it fails they might not see anything.
I got it fixed last week but was waiting a few to see if it came back. Basically I went on a cruise at the end of Dec and I left an internal light on. There was still enough power left to start the car when I got back, but it turned out that the battery monitor sensor dropped to 22% and would not reset no matter how much I drove. The dealership reset it and now everything seems to be OK

Back