remote keyless entry DEAD.. ford wants big $$$$ | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

remote keyless entry DEAD.. ford wants big $$$$

liquidx9

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX (home) Ripon, WI (school)
Year, Model & Trim Level
5.0 AWD 97 Limited
guys, my remote keyless entry has been dead since i had a stereo shop work on my truck. no keypad, no autolocks, no entry. fords telling me $175 for the new module, and possibly a whole day for rewiring it, due to it very possibly needing completly new wiring. what can i do, anyone have ideas? it will not enter reprogramming mode, period, anyone?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

if your RAP (remote anti-theft personality) is dead then you can get one from a junkyard or ebay, I just bought one off of ebay for $10 a couple days ago but I dought you will find one on ebay because when i bought mine i got lucky ebay had it and it was for a 98. You will need a RAP from a 95-97 explorer.

Did you ask the stereo shop wtf they did to your truck? I'd make them fix it, they broke it not you.

Most definitely. The shop should be the one that should be fixing it. You came into the stereo shop with keyless entry and you walk out without? They messed up on the factory wiring. Try bringing it back. If they are reputable the least they could do is try to troubleshoot it and tell you what exactly the problem is.

well no crap they should fix it, its been there for 2 days and i have to go back to school a couple thousand miles away, i just want it fixed, and im going to stick them with the bill, all the same, im gonna have to pay up front for this, anymore ideas guys?

oh yea... ford said there are 2 parts, one in the door, one in the left rear cargo area... what does the one in the door do, i was aware of the one in the cargo area, thanks guys

Back