Remote locks not working

orrsmills

Reaction score
City, State
New Windsor
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer XLT
Hi,

I have a 2012 Explorer. Both of the key fobs stopped unlocking/locking the doors. Changed the batteries and reprogrammed the key fobs manually to no avail. Any information and advice would be appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Are the fobs used for any other items such as remote start, power liftgate etc. If they operate those then the issue is likely something else. Not sure why you reprogrammed them after changing the batteries. Do you have the Securicode keypad? If so, have you tried it to lock/unlock the doors. Did you try starting the vehicle with the original batteries? Do you have anything plugged into the power outlets or USB ports?

Peter

With vehicles basically being computers nowadays, one simple thing to try with electrical gremlins is to reboot the car by unhooking the battery. Can’t hurt, and might help.

With vehicles basically being computers nowadays, one simple thing to try with electrical gremlins is to reboot the car by unhooking the battery. Can’t hurt, and might help.
I disconnected the begative battery terminal in the car for 5 minutes. After reconnecteing, the remotes resumed operating normally.
Reboot worked - Thank You

I disconnected the begative battery terminal in the car for 5 minutes. After reconnecteing, the remotes resumed operating normally.
Reboot worked - Thank You
Welcome to the Forum David. :wave:
Glad to hear the forum was of some help.

Peter

Back