• Register Today It's free!

Remote Start 2011-2015 FORSCAN

Exploder82

Reaction score
City, State
IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Sport ;p
This is for the 2011-2015 Ford Explorer.

Note: For vehicles with climate controlled seats and heated steering wheel, these are grouped into one option in the IPC settings

Also, it doesn't matter if you have heated only or heated and cooled. It's only one option in Remote Start IPC settings.

BCM
726-19-01 0047 = remote start disabled
726-19-01 0148 = remote start enabled

IPC remote start options
720-01-03 C8F3 = without climate seats or wheel(Base model and Interceptor. Possibly some XLT models)
720-01-03 F823 = without heated steering wheel With climate controlled seats
720-01-03 FC27 = with heated steering wheel With climate controlled seats

Refer to Remote Start Facts 2011-2015 thread for additional information and part numbers.

I've been working on this for a few days and was hoping to get this info out to everyone that uses forscan so you don't have to use the dealer unless you're not comfortable doing this yourself.

Thanks to @Schimi for sending me his as built data to compare. I found why his heated seats are not listed as an option and was able to figure out what the setting was for the base models and Interceptor.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

need to have a forscan thread with all the confirmed modifications as the first post with model years they apply to. Its kind of hard to search thru all the threads looking for applicable info, similar to what the f150 site has done etc

Ok, the one thing that didn't work are the heated seats... there is no option in the menu....

Ids didn't ask me if i have climate seats..... if this is the one thing that didn't work... i can deal with it

Ok, the one thing that didn't work are the heated seats... there is no option in the menu....

Ids didn't ask me if i have climate seats..... if this is the one thing that didn't work... i can deal with it
Use forscan with my options. This will include climate seats.

OP has been update to reflect all configurations of vehicles based on seats and steering wheel.

:thumbsup: thanks for posting this, I already have remote start aftermarket long range/two way, has work perfectly for 2+ years but I would try this just out of curiosity.

Added to the RS facts page...thank you

Hi,

I've been working through the instructions for remote start for my 2013 XLT Explorer, got my 4 button OEM keys, got them cut, programmed them, the last part is enabling the remote start, and I'd really like to do this myself. I've got a OBDLink MX Bluetooth adapter on order, and want to do it using FORScan. I've never used that software before, but consider myself pretty computer savvy. Is there any chance you could post a step by step for FORScan? I'm still a little worried there may be some tribal knowledge with that software I'm not familiar with that could cause me issues. I'm always a little paranoid of things like this. FYI I only have heated seats, not climate controlled seats. Any additional help would be greatly appreciated Thanks to @Exploder82 and @jmr061 , you've both, among others, already saved me a ton of cash.

My local dealership quoted $210 to get 2 keys cut and programmed. I paid a locksmith $11 to cut both keys and programmed them myself in under 5 minutes. You guys rock.

Hi,

I've been working through the instructions for remote start for my 2013 XLT Explorer, got my 4 button OEM keys, got them cut, programmed them, the last part is enabling the remote start, and I'd really like to do this myself. I've got a OBDLink MX Bluetooth adapter on order, and want to do it using FORScan. I've never used that software before, but consider myself pretty computer savvy. Is there any chance you could post a step by step for FORScan? I'm still a little worried there may be some tribal knowledge with that software I'm not familiar with that could cause me issues. I'm always a little paranoid of things like this. FYI I only have heated seats, not climate controlled seats. Any additional help would be greatly appreciated Thanks to @Exploder82 and @jmr061 , you've both, among others, already saved me a ton of cash.

My local dealership quoted $210 to get 2 keys cut and programmed. I paid a locksmith $11 to cut both keys and programmed them myself in under 5 minutes. You guys rock.

When you're connected to the vehicle in forscan, on the left column, third icon from bottom looks like a computer chip, click that then select the module you want to program and click the play button for that module. Select the BCM (As Built Configuration) to change the code for the remote start. Then after you click write it will tell you to cycle the ignition. Turn off and back on. Then click the stop button and switch to the IPC (As Built Configuration) and make the change there as well.

Note: Climate controlled seats means simply they are heated or heated and cooled. There is no separate option based on what seat you have.

Awesome. Thanks so much. I will try this out on Saturday when the OBDLink MX arrives. I'll let you know how it goes.

I added the remote access and vehicle security system today and it's fantastic. Works great.

I added the remote access and vehicle security system today and it's fantastic. Works great.
Got my OBD tonight. Going to try to activate heated seat option after I eat.

What is the remote access and vehicle security system you speak of? This FORScan thing is awesome and has me curious what all cool new features I can add.

Awesome. Thanks so much. I will try this out on Saturday when the OBDLink MX arrives. I'll let you know how it goes.
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Got my OBD tonight. Going to try to activate heated seat option after I eat.

What is the remote access and vehicle security system you speak of? This FORScan thing is awesome and has me curious what all cool new features I can add.
It is a remote start add on where I can start my vehicle from my phone anywhere my vehicle has cell service because it has a module I added that has a SIM card through AT&T and it tells it when I remote started the vehicle. Also sends a text to my phone and an email when my alarm has been triggered.

It is a remote start add on where I can start my vehicle from my phone anywhere my vehicle has cell service because it has a module I added that has a SIM card through AT&T and it tells it when I remote started the vehicle. Also sends a text to my phone and an email when my alarm has been triggered.
Damn. Nice. How much is hardware to set that up? At&t charge a recurring monthly fee?

Blehhh, denied this time to even attempt to program with Forscan. Got an error message after hitting the play button that battery voltage is too low. Expected voltage is 11.6V but actual is 10.4V. Guess that would explain why I randomlly cannot start the car with the remote start.

So with the car off (no OBD hooked up) I opened the hood and hooked up a multimeter to the battery. It read 12.35V. Ughhh, what's going on?

The additional load with KOEO is dragging down the voltage to the 10.4, the 12.x is more of a resting voltage/no load.

System is behaving as expected, just with a discharged and/or weak battery. Probably time to change it, given the fact you have a 2014.

The fact that it blocks ABD reprogramming with low voltage is definitely to your benefit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OK. I read over the manual and it looks like you can change the battery pretty easy. Need to run the car, turn the a/c on. Then drive it a bit so it relearns everything. But there shouldn't be anything special or need to reset the BMS, correct?

If I take the battery to an auto parts store for them to test the battery it should fail, right?

Back