Remote Start 2011-2015 FORSCAN | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote Start 2011-2015 FORSCAN

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anyone near New Milford NJ with forscan that can help me enable the remote start?

So let me see if I understand this correctly.

1. I connect to/read my vehicle with Forscan.
2. Click on the microchip button on the left.
3. Click on BCM (AS BUILT format) and go to 726-19-01 and change it to 0148.
4. Go to IPC and change 720-01-03 to C8F3 because I have a 2014 Utility.
5. Write to the car

Is that it? Seems way more simpler than I would imagine.

Were you able to get it working? The police utility might be different than a regular explorer.

Were you able to get it working? The police utility might be different than a regular explorer.

Yup. It works great. I also was able to change a bunch of the remote unlock settings also so I would get more feedback when the vehicle was locked/unlocked with the remote.

Ok done. Used @Exploder82 s instructions in FORscan and it works beautifully in my 2013 Explorer XLT. Also enabled daytime running lights.

I'm so happy right now. This saved me probably $400 I'm guessing.

I have a standard oil change appointment at my dealership on Monday. I put in the email i wanted them to enable the remote start too (before i decided to do it myself). I might see what they say if i ask how much it would cost to have it done, for poops and giggles.

I'm genuinely curious to know if they know it's possible without any hardware additions. I've heard not a lot of techs know about this, or at least are willing to admit they know.

Thanks for posting your results. I am exploring the same steps you took to get the remote start working and would also love to turn on the daytime running lights. I have the remote start key fob, now I just need the OBD2 scanner. Which one did you use?

I bought this cable off of amazon, it should be delivered in a couple of days. Is this the cable I need? I have a 2014 Explorer XLT. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01F0GVBWY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I bought the same one...should be arriving today.
I think I can pretty easily enable the remote start.
My question is programming the keys. We bought it used and it only came with one key. There are 2 admin keys set up according to the menu.
I just purchased a 5 button remote that we will use for remote start. Will I be able to program that with forscan to use it with the old key? Or will I have to delete the old key and re-program them both as new keys? I am just worried about deleting the key and not having a key to operate the vehicle. My wife would kill me because it is her primary vehicle! lol

I saw this on another post in this forum...does this really work?
A YouTube video I found (including written on the Chinese instructions) explained that if you want to reprogram all keys, close all doors first, then you turn the ignition on and off 8 times in rapid succession (don't actually start the car). When done, the car responds by locking/unlocking the doors. That's programming mode. Now you press any button (unlock for example) on ALL keys, old and new, in succession. I did the old ones first (starting with the one in the ignition), then the new ones. When done, turn the ignition off and programming is completed. The new keys should now work and aren't rejected by the car anymore.

Welcome to the Forum ssmorol.:wave:

Peter

I saw this on another post in this forum...does this really work?
A YouTube video I found (including written on the Chinese instructions) explained that if you want to reprogram all keys, close all doors first, then you turn the ignition on and off 8 times in rapid succession (don't actually start the car). When done, the car responds by locking/unlocking the doors. That's programming mode. Now you press any button (unlock for example) on ALL keys, old and new, in succession. I did the old ones first (starting with the one in the ignition), then the new ones. When done, turn the ignition off and programming is completed. The new keys should now work and aren't rejected by the car anymore.

I'm VERY new at this but my understanding is that process only works if you have the 2 admin keys in your possession. With only one key you'd have to go to the dealer. (please someone validate what I have just said).

I think your original question is could if you use forscan to do whatever the dealer would do when only 1 key is present. I'll defer to someone else to answer that, I won't get my first look at forscan for another few day until my scanner arrives.

Thanks Peter:dpchug: I believe these are Tim Hortons cups!
By coincidence we have a new Tim Hortons opening up in our small town on Saturday.:) Better than the arena coffee I drink during hockey season.:D

Peter

OK, I got the new key with the remote start button, which I've had cut and I programmed it to the car, so far so good. My Bluetooth ODB2 adapter will arrive this afternoon, and I'll hopefully be using forscan to enable remote start tonight. Do I need to do anything else regarding the key for remote start to work? or does the simple act of programming the key to the car handle the remote start feature of the key?

Remote Start ENABLED! Thank you all for your research and input to this thread. I'm a happy guy.

Remote Start ENABLED! Thank you all for your research and input to this thread. I'm a happy guy.
Awesome! I got mine enabled tonight also!
I also want to thank everyone who had figured this out and posted here!

Now, I am just waiting for my 5 button key from replacemyremote.com and then to get it cut, and programmed. I am not sure if I'll be able to get it done thru forscan or not? Might have to go to the dealer if I can't figure it out

Yup. It works great. I also was able to change a bunch of the remote unlock settings also so I would get more feedback when the vehicle was locked/unlocked with the remote.
@billyfromhill where did you go to change the setting of car feedback, for example i want to add horn when i unlock the car using remote. i have the default press twice lock button car will horn once if all the doors are properly close if one is not close it will chirp twice.

I was able to change the value on BCM to 0148 and IPC to C8F3 as mentioned on previous post. However I’m figuring out why the remote I’ve purchased on ebay doesn’t work though I’m able to program it, lock and unlock works fine but panic doesn't it only lock the door. Remote start did not work as well, but it response with one horn, is that mean it recognize the remote start? and perhaps I have either low battery charge ect? Or the remote will not work for explorer at all as it was mentioned its for focus. appreciate your thought and advise. btw mine is xlt with hood switch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Newest-Model-Modified-Folding-Remote-key-4-1-Button-433MHZ-For-Ford-Focus-HU101/131848468661?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The one horn honk is a sign that the vehicle did not remote start.
From your Owner's Manual in the "Locks and Security" section under Starting the engine with remote start
If for some reason, the system fails to start, the horn will chirp.

Peter

Back