Remote start and unlock/lock only working from a very close distance | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote start and unlock/lock only working from a very close distance

pup5581

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'14 Explorer Sport
So lately with both keys, I have to be within 20 ft of the Ex to remote start it. I use to be able to start it from the living room as I have street parking and it could be at the end of the block. I replaced one battery and it still doesn't work like it use to. I am going to replace the other battery in the other FOB. But could this be a problem with the Ex and not key?

So lately with both keys, I have to be within 20 ft of the Ex to remote start it. I use to be able to start it from the living room as I have street parking and it could be at the end of the block. I replaced one battery and it still doesn't work like it use to. I am going to replace the other battery in the other FOB. But could this be a problem with the Ex and not key?
Do you have any electronic device plugged in the vehicle?

Peter

What Peter said.. there is another thread on here that confirms some plugged in accessories (cell phone charger, radar detector, A.C. plugs, power converters) really screw with the range.

Do you have any electronic device plugged in the vehicle?

Peter

My radar detector but that's bee in for years and I just put in a high wattage USB-C fast car charger for my pixel phone...now that i think of it..since then it's been bad...

Weird how stiff like that can interfere. I will give it a try.

Back