Remote start help. Intermittent

Scott Long

Reaction score
City, State
CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016, explorer , limited
Remote start help.
Hi I'm new to the forum. I just picked up a used 2016 Ford Explorer limited. It has 30,000 miles on it.
My issue is that the remote start is intermittent. It went to the dealer wants to get it fixed and they only replaced the key fob batteries. It's still intermittent. They are telling me that I don't know how to use the remote. The remote start works more often when you're right next to the vehicle. But that's not what the remote start is for. If I am about 30 feet away from the vehicle with nothing in between me and the vehicle the remote start will not work. Has anybody else had this problem? also is there a common problems with the remote start? Thank you

Remote start help.
Hi I'm new to the forum. I just picked up a used 2016 Ford Explorer limited. It has 30,000 miles on it.
My issue is that the remote start is intermittent. It went to the dealer wants to get it fixed and they only replaced the key fob batteries. It's still intermittent. They are telling me that I don't know how to use the remote. The remote start works more often when you're right next to the vehicle. But that's not what the remote start is for. If I am about 30 feet away from the vehicle with nothing in between me and the vehicle the remote start will not work. Has anybody else had this problem? also is there a common problems with the remote start? Thank you
Welcome to the Forum Scott.:wave:
Do you have anything that is plugged into any of the power outlets or USB ports? That has been known to significantly reduce the effective distance of the remote.

Peter

No I don't but I will definitely keep that in mind. Thank you

Back