• Register Today It's free!

Remote Start Install Need Help

SMASHEK

Reaction score
City, State
Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 EB 5.0 AWD 4dr
Installing a remote start in my 98 Explorer EB with factory alarm and PATS system.

Does anyone have a picture of where the remote start's disable connects to the factory alarm wire. I know it is by the driver kick panel but directions say it is dark green and purple (I see at least 3 of those).

Also does anyone know if you can disable the PATS system so I won't have to hook up the bypass module.

I've installed 5 other systems but this one has me perplexed!

I can't help you I am in the middle of install on 98 explorer SOHC 4.0L remote start too. I am trying to find tach wire?
Do you have color and location?
Also, what other wires did you hook up?

Lee

I have a 94 Ex, so my electrical system may be a little different, but I did not even bother to hook up the tach wire, nor the alarm wire but I do not have PATS. Depending on what manufacturer produced your starters, the one that I have is made by Bulldog and I went to their website to download the diagram telling me what color of wire, what it is for and where to look for it. That took a load of stress away! The site was a lot more detailed than the install book was, due to the fact the install book had to cover a little bit on every vehicle, while the site had pages specifically for certain vehicles. Like I said though it depends on who made yours.

Back