Remote start smart phone app ? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote start smart phone app ?

Check fordpartscheap.com

Way cheaper then buying in Canuckastan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Sarge. I'll have to give them a shout when my ex shows up which probably won't be until end of June or July.

Any word on this.

finally a better way to utilize a car alarm!
awesome

Rebecca... Any plans for thiso e more featurefull in the future? Open windows, climate control, etc.
I guess right now, I see no use for this with my Ex already being equiped with "Intelligent Access with push-button start".
I saw that you could extend your range over the keyfob, but I really don't see the need. The only use I see to be able to unlock the car from across the country is if the keys were locked in and I wasnt there, but I have the keypad to unlockit in that case.

For those without "Intelligent Access with push-button start", this is problably a cool option.

After searching a bit you can get it through Tasca or other online parts suppliers for about $420. Then after you install it you need to go to dealer and 1) hope the dealer knows what the heck you're talking about (they probably won't) and 2) allow them to reflash your PCM to accept it. Its suppose to be plug and play and reflash. If you're lucky they'll only try and hit you up for a shop hour for the reprogram. Then you need to subscribe to the service at $50/yr.

The bad is that its still very beta and uses the cellular network just like the Viper system that been on the market for several years. Google that for reviews. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. When it does there is still lag from the time you hit the button of 45 seconds to minutes depending on where you are. Still....I want one.

P/N DL3Z19G364A

So Rebecca, do I understand the link as saying all I have to do is go to my local Ford dealership and have the module installed?

You'll have to also download (and pay for) the app, Fast Gator.

Rebecca... Any plans for thiso e more featurefull in the future? Open windows, climate control, etc.
I guess right now, I see no use for this with my Ex already being equiped with "Intelligent Access with push-button start".
I saw that you could extend your range over the keyfob, but I really don't see the need. The only use I see to be able to unlock the car from across the country is if the keys were locked in and I wasnt there, but I have the keypad to unlockit in that case.

For those without "Intelligent Access with push-button start", this is problably a cool option.

The best people to talk to about the app and its current or future functionality are at this phone number: 1-800-FORDKEY.

Rebecca

I have it installed on my 2013 Limited. Works perfectly.

My reason for getting it is because I work in a building that the signal from my key fob cannot penetrate. This does it for me.

Hello,

I just bought the uni on ebay- DL3Z19G364A and I have an IDS at work. Does anyone specifically what needs to be programmed?

thanks,

Aaron

You will need the simm number and a 4 digit PIN number. The phone app will ask for those two things. I had a three day trial period before I had to pay the subscription. I paid it right away.

Hope that helps.

You will need the simm number and a 4 digit PIN number. The phone app will ask for those two things. I had a three day trial period before I had to pay the subscription. I paid it right away.

Hope that helps.

I have read the the FORD dealer has to some programming with the IDS to activate the system when installed. I am hoping to know what the procedure actually is, so I can do it.

AC

getting mine installed next week- along with a slew of other things looked at. like the gps fix-- can't wait for this toy (and to get the shock sensor alarm that comes with it.. lol)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have installed and it works perfectly including the alarm. Texts go to your phone after it is set off.

Back