Remote start smart phone app ? | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote start smart phone app ?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Levittown, does the cellular kit you have listed include the security alert feature? In the description it said it was an option but I didn't find it on your site.

Thanks.

Levittown, does the cellular kit you have listed include the security alert feature? In the description it said it was an option but I didn't find it on your site.

Thanks.

Do you mean will it alert you? Yes it has the option to send text messages if the warn away or full alarm is triggered.

Let me know if you have any questions about the required parts or installation.

-Benny

Yea - I just read about that app update for my ford mobile... I have to say. I'm pretty annoyed. I am fully aware that ford partnered with a third party for remote access but... Seriously. The app hasn't been updated in two years. Two. Years.

Ford suggested calling 1800fordkey then using option 3 to suggest an update to the app.

I feel like my 2013 explorer should get mobile app updates too. Spread the love to everyone!!

Yea - I just read about that app update for my ford mobile... I have to say. I'm pretty annoyed. I am fully aware that ford partnered with a third party for remote access but... Seriously. The app hasn't been updated in two years. Two. Years.

Ford suggested calling 1800fordkey then using option 3 to suggest an update to the app.

I feel like my 2013 explorer should get mobile app updates too. Spread the love to everyone!!
What feature are you looking to update? The functionality is pretty simple.

I think the Remote Start App should pull the same info the On* App does.

I have had the remote app receiver (or whatever it is called) that gets installed in the vehicle apart to look at it. It has GPS and everything just as it should. It has a lot of capability but they don't use it. I think it is the same receiver VIPER uses, probably just some programming changes.

Well, then it would need different native electronics.

Maybe with Sync 3?

Maybe but when I plug in my SCT X4 tuner to the OBD II port I get tire pressure readings, coolant temps, intake air temps, turbo boost, battery amperage, and lots more depending on what I choose for my gauge display. Im sure some of that could be pushed across to the Remote Start GUI if it was written to accept that information.

So please don't be to annoyed however if someone would clarify a few things for me I would appreciate it.
I just took delivery of my new 15 Xsport. It has all the toys and was stickered at nearly 53k. How would i know if the phone app required features were installed in my vehicle? or what is needed to have a phone app work with it? I am surely confused by the mykey and Myford app etc. Sorry for the stupid questions.

So please don't be to annoyed however if someone would clarify a few things for me I would appreciate it.
I just took delivery of my new 15 Xsport. It has all the toys and was stickered at nearly 53k. How would i know if the phone app required features were installed in my vehicle? or what is needed to have a phone app work with it? I am surely confused by the mykey and Myford app etc. Sorry for the stupid questions.

No vehicle comes with remote access from the factory. It is a dealer or self add on.

No vehicle comes with remote access from the factory. It is a dealer or self add on.

If you would like to add Ford's remote access you would need 2 components linked below
http://www.levittownfordsupercenter...mote-start-system-cellular-access-p-4003.html
http://www.levittownfordsupercenter...le-security-system-perimeter-plus-p-4019.html

These 2 parts are plug and play and install within minutes. The annual charge for the service is 50.00

If you purchase from us and have factory remote start NO dealer visit is required, We activate over the phone.

-Benny

Remote Access App

Thanks Benny,

I was looking over the thread and your last note gives me some confidence. I thought I was going to have to take apart half of the car to do the job. Your last note said these 2 parts and a few minutes easy install. .. So plug and play do I not have to take half of the dash and console apart? I have the 5 button remote with remote start.

Could you PM me with a quite for the cost of the units? Thanks.

Thanks Benny,

I was looking over the thread and your last note gives me some confidence. I thought I was going to have to take apart half of the car to do the job. Your last note said these 2 parts and a few minutes easy install. .. So plug and play do I not have to take half of the dash and console apart? I have the 5 button remote with remote start.

Could you PM me with a quite for the cost of the units? Thanks.

Yes it's a true plug and play kit with no dis-assembly required. See page 107 for VSS installation and page 125 for the RMU installation http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/docs/2011_2015_Scalable_Kit_Truck_1_23_2015_.pdf

Being that you have factory remote start no dealer visit or programming is required. Once you get both parts installed send me a PM with your phone number and we will activate. Pricing is shown within the previous links provided.

Thanks,
Benny

Back