• Register Today It's free!

remote start

finksbrian

Reaction score
City, State
Tomahawk
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 interceptor utility
2013 PIU remote start. my truck uses a fleet key(no chip or fob). i have bought and programmed key fobs for keyless entry. they work. remote start does not. told by ford per my vin that remote start wasnt installed on my vehicle. does anyone know how to install remote start(EVO ALL) on vehicle with fleet keys? thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You’ll need a hood switch and some reprogramming.

Do a search, there are many write ups.

There's this thread for enabling remote start that may help. It may be easier and may be possible with your car since it's a 2013. I'm not sure about programming an EvoALL but there is 12voltsolutions; though I personally don't recommend them after trying it on my 2017.

There's this thread for enabling remote start that may help. It may be easier and may be possible with your car since it's a 2013. I'm not sure about programming an EvoALL but there is 12voltsolutions; though I personally don't recommend them after trying it on my 2017.
I installed 12Voltsolutions aftermarket kit with OEM remote and I had no problems with it on my 2017 PIU.
It was a little pricey, but worth for a warm ride.

Has anyone installed the 12voltsolutions kit for- 016-2019 PIU

I still stand by my posts - great system. Just responding to the above post where they didn't like the system; unsure of 2013 availability.
Seemed like it would be a great system if it worked and it was all packaged cleanly. The set I got didn't work at all, and I had issues with their customer service immediately after receiving the system. They weren't willing to help me out at all until I opened up a dispute through PayPal.

The one I got wouldn't lock/unlock properly. I had to press the remote a bunch of times and occasionally got a response. And the remote start did start the car but it wouldn't turn off unless I unplugged the module. Also had issues with them somewhat misleading on their website saying it's compatible with both the smartphone module and long range remote kits; but you can't have both. Not clear anywhere on the website that they can't both be used at the same time.

Glad you had a good experience with them, I personally didn't that's why I don't recommend them.

Seemed like it would be a great system if it worked and it was all packaged cleanly. The set I got didn't work at all, and I had issues with their customer service immediately after receiving the system. They weren't willing to help me out at all until I opened up a dispute through PayPal.

The one I got wouldn't lock/unlock properly. I had to press the remote a bunch of times and occasionally got a response. And the remote start did start the car but it wouldn't turn off unless I unplugged the module. Also had issues with them somewhat misleading on their website saying it's compatible with both the smartphone module and long range remote kits; but you can't have both. Not clear anywhere on the website that they can't both be used at the same time.

Glad you had a good experience with them, I personally didn't that's why I don't recommend them.
Greetings again Burbank!
(sorry I didn't recognize you earlier - was a quick response)

Wow, this is a complete 180 from what I dealt with. I'm really sorry to hear about your experience - I wouldn't recommend them either with what you have gone through.

So different, it makes me feel like the company was sold or something like that (?) My purchase was in 2020 (21 for the app module).

Enjoy the long weekend, and thank you to veterans - on here and everywhere.

Nathan

2013 PIU remote start. my truck uses a fleet key(no chip or fob). i have bought and programmed key fobs for keyless entry. they work. remote start does not. told by ford per my vin that remote start wasnt installed on my vehicle. does anyone know how to install remote start(EVO ALL) on vehicle with fleet keys? thanks
You will need to order a hood switch, the remote start won't work without it. You will also need to use FORScan to enable the remote start. I did this on my PIU and it works just fine! It's super useful right now since it's cold and I can remotely start the car without having to go out to crank it myself. You can order a hood switch from eBay for $10 dollars or so, or you can pull it out of a junked Explorer for almost nothing I'm sure. You also need to make sure your car is wired for remote start underneath the hood. I attached a before and after photo of me installing the hood switch.
20221015_165425.jpg
20221026_154453.jpg

You will need to order a hood switch, the remote start won't work without it. You will also need to use FORScan to enable the remote start. I did this on my PIU and it works just fine! It's super useful right now since it's cold and I can remotely start the car without having to go out to crank it myself. You can order a hood switch from eBay for $10 dollars or so, or you can pull it out of a junked Explorer for almost nothing I'm sure. You also need to make sure your car is wired for remote start underneath the hood. I attached a before and after photo of me installing the hood switch.View attachment 436422View attachment 436421
what wiring under the hood is required besides hood pin?

what wiring under the hood is required besides hood pin?
If the harness is there, that's all you'll need, if not you'd have to buy the harness from Ford which they do sell I believe.

How does this work after remote starting and then driving? Would I have to turn the car off, insert the key and restart the engine? Or is it a seamless get in and drive... Curious about this since PIUs dont use a Start/Stop button

How does this work after remote starting and then driving? Would I have to turn the car off, insert the key and restart the engine? Or is it a seamless get in and drive... Curious about this since PIUs dont use a Start/Stop button
AH, never mind. I finally found a youtube video showing a full walkthrough of the system.

you could share the video.
Thanks
Here ya go. FYI this is an aftermarket system, normally you'd press lock once and the remote start button twice on the fob. But entering the vehicle and driving is the same. I finally got it working on my PIU.

Back