• Register Today It's free!

Remote starter options

GregV8

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
I'm starting to think I should have gone with a fully loaded Limited, instead of the XLT. The pain of adding all those options later..... oh well...what's done is done.

So.....remote starters:
Does anyone know if a factory system can be added? Does it make any sense?
I also really like the Viper iPhone starter but I would insist to also have a regular key fob just in case.... so this route becomes very expensive.
Either way it's an extra piece of dangling crap on my keychain :-s

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm starting to think I should have gone with a fully loaded Limited, instead of the XLT. The pain of adding all those options later..... oh well...what's done is done.

So.....remote starters:
Does anyone know if a factory system can be added? Does it make any sense?
I also really like the Viper iPhone starter but I would insist to also have a regular key fob just in case.... so this route becomes very expensive.
Either way it's an extra piece of dangling crap on my keychain :-s

I'm pretty sure they "Factory" system you can add has a fob anyways. The Bi-Directional one is smaller than the regular one. Does anybody know, can you add the remote start, and then buy a 4 button key separately?

The dealer at the time of my order said I couldn't have the factory one installed on my XLT. The dealer installed Ford remote starter, which was great on my Navigator. I had the memory seats and mirrors which it interfaced to, but my XLT did not have those.

The dealer installed a Pursuit Pro-9276C (Audiovox) 7Ch remote starter and I added the Carlink Module option, which is similar to the viper system. It features a client for Android, Blackberry and iPhone. You can also control it via a web browser as well. Carlink also lets your phone know it was started, think two way global remote. This product was announced at the 2011 CES show

No more second remote on my keys. And since it was installed by the dealer, no install worries.

The dealer at the time of my order said I couldn't have the factory one installed on my XLT. The dealer installed Ford remote starter, which was great on my Navigator. I had the memory seats and mirrors which it interfaced to, but my XLT did not have those.

The dealer installed a Pursuit Pro-9276C (Audiovox) 7Ch remote starter and I added the Carlink Module option, which is similar to the viper system. It features a client for Android, Blackberry and iPhone. You can also control it via a web browser as well. Carlink also lets your phone know it was started, think two way global remote. This product was announced at the 2011 CES show

No more second remote on my keys. And since it was installed by the dealer, no install worries.

This is very interesting. I just asked at my dealership and they said they can install the factory system for $595. It includes two new keys that have the extra button to start the car. (Single piece, no need for additional transmitter on your keychain.)
He said the factory system is "modular", i.e. can be added by plugging in - no need to cut wires and such.
I then asked Best Buy if a Viper SmartStart can be added on top of a factory remote starter but they said No, you need a viper remote starter.

I just looked up Audiovox Carlink, and their website doesn't answer that question. I wish it could interface with a factory starter.

Starting for my iPhone is very important because of the way I park my car at work.

EDIT 2:
I'm Googling like crazy and came up with interesting stuff:
Ford's factory remote starter module is 19G367.
This appears to be made by Audiovox / Code Alarm / Prestige under the code AS9076C.
This unit is listed as compatible with CarLink - the smartphone connected module.
This is all based on loose information for now but I am going to call them on Monday to verify.

Any pictures of these options? $595 is not that bad.

The only other feature on the Limited I would have liked is the Intelligent Access with push-button start so that I can just keep the keep fob in the pocket.
Was it even possible as an option on a non-Limited? GregV8, can you ask if that is also a possible option to buy/install after the fact?

Thanks,
Don

Was it even possible as an option on a non-Limited? GregV8, can you ask if that is also a possible option to buy/install after the fact?

I did ask and the answer was a solid No.

This is very interesting. I just asked at my dealership and they said they can install the factory system for $595. It includes two new keys that have the extra button to start the car. (Single piece, no need for additional transmitter on your keychain.)
He said the factory system is "modular", i.e. can be added by plugging in - no need to cut wires and such.

Most likely this is the system I added to my XLT. It is in the accessories catalog as the "plug and play" remote starter. It did come with two new keys (not a fob). An added bonus, it interfaces with the car perfectly. I now have an added menu on my left screen under settings with "quiet start" and the other climate options, just as a limited has.

It was added by my dealer, a few weeks after I took delivery (backorder on the remote start). I did not order it with the explorer.

Most likely this is the system I added to my XLT. It is in the accessories catalog as the "plug and play" remote starter. It did come with two new keys (not a fob). An added bonus, it interfaces with the car perfectly. I now have an added menu on my left screen under settings with "quiet start" and the other climate options, just as a limited has.

It was added by my dealer, a few weeks after I took delivery (backorder on the remote start). I did not order it with the explorer.

Do you have a part # for that? Even though it's a bunch more money than the bi-directional, I'm tempted to get it just to get away from the extra fob.

Do you have a part # for that? Even though it's a bunch more money than the bi-directional, I'm tempted to get it just to get away from the extra fob.

I do...somewhere. Have to get kids to hockey, but I will try to find it later.

uniquename said:

hey uniquename,

I'm kinda stuck. Just spoke with my dealership and they went back and forth, researched it, and said the system they are putting in is not compatible with CarLink. I think they really just plug in the OEM factory module.

So I'm wondering, how is it that you have a Prestige system that works with Ford keys?
Do you have access to the actual starter module? Can you read any part number off it? Does it have a Ford label?

Or at least, can you tell me which dealer you went to? At least I could call them and ask... Would hate to make a $600 mistake by getting something that's not compatible.

Thanks!

GregV8 said:
hey uniquename,

I'm kinda stuck. Just spoke with my dealership and they went back and forth, researched it, and said the system they are putting in is not compatible with CarLink. I think they really just plug in the OEM factory module.

So I'm wondering, how is it that you have a Prestige system that works with Ford keys?
Do you have access to the actual starter module? Can you read any part number off it? Does it have a Ford label?

Or at least, can you tell me which dealer you went to? At least I could call them and ask... Would hate to make a $600 mistake by getting something that's not compatible.

Thanks!

I'm sorry I just saw your post with the part number.

It came with the two keys, so I have a total of four now.

According to the description of the link you provided with that part number, only 1 fob is supplied, and it says nothing about the keys, and it's under $200....I guess that's why I'm confused. What kit has the keys?

According to the description of the link you provided with that part number, only 1 fob is supplied, and it says nothing about the keys, and it's under $200....I guess that's why I'm confused. What kit has the keys?

The under $200...isn't at all dealers, negotiate. I was PLEASANTLY surprised, as I expected a fob. New detail on fordaccessories shows it with two keys. Hell, two keys cut and programmed is probably $150 $200 from a dealer.

The under $200...isn't at all dealers, negotiate. I was PLEASANTLY surprised, as I expected a fob. New detail on fordaccessories shows it with two keys. Hell, two keys cut and programmed is probably $150 $200 from a dealer.

Awesome...Hopefully I can get my hands on one of those!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

SO back to carlink. is it compatible with the stock remote starter on the ex? that would be awesome

Back