• Register Today It's free!

Removal of 3rd row

Pjl1

Reaction score
City, State
Smithtown, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 explorer, sport
I'm contemplating removing the 3rd row and making it into a lockable area, has anyone done this yet?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have removed it but it was for adding car audio equipment not making lockable storage. Easy enough process but I would suggest either getting the brace that goes in the police interceptor or fabricating something else for support to go in its place. I drove for about a week without the seat or brace and there was a noticeable difference in handling when I installed the interceptor brace.

Part number DB5Z-7810780-A

I'm contemplating removing the 3rd row and making it into a lockable area, has anyone done this yet?
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
I found the following threads using the Forum's handy 'Search' feature; How to: - Explorer 3rd row delete & police package install and Removing 3rd Row Seats & Installing Cross Brace
Apparently the 3rd row seat is part of the crash rating the vehicle has received and I believe the spare tire mat be as well. If you remove the seats then you should install the cross-brace to maintain the crash rating and safety aspect. I also believe that a member has installed a lockable storage setup in the cargo area.

Peter

had a car before with the rear seating brace removed. After a week the frame tore along the floor and roof was buckled, true story. Never said it was driven easy, but the car did twist.:hammer:

I looking for a replacement motor assembly for the left side third row seat.

Do you still have it ? I am willing to buy it from one of you guys.

Thanks in advance.

Back