Removal Of Pins in shift motor harness | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Removal Of Pins in shift motor harness

wantedexplorer

Reaction score
City, State
Jay, Maine
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Eddie Bauer V8
Sorry if this has been covered but I searched and didnt come up with what I was looking for.

Vehicle.
93 Ford Ranger with BW1354E

Im going to be replacing my transfer case shift motor. And I need to remove the 3 wire's with the pins. To install into the new harness (shift motor).
How do I go about removing them with out harming them? Im sure its simple and Im over thinking it. But I cant seem to get mine to budge.

Thanks for the help!:salute:

Al

Sorry if this has been covered but I searched and didnt come up with what I was looking for.

Vehicle.
93 Ford Ranger with BW1354E

Im going to be replacing my transfer case shift motor. And I need to remove the 3 wire's with the pins. To install into the new harness (shift motor).
How do I go about removing them with out harming them? Im sure its simple and Im over thinking it. But I cant seem to get mine to budge....Thanks for the help!:salute:....Al

Disconnect a harness connector, look directly into one of the open connector ends, and you will see a tiny split, a line, between the plastic down by the connector pin or socket. A very thin took with a tapered point, like a metal scriber, for example, may be slipped between that tiny plastic part and the pin, which spreads it away from the pin about 1/16-inch or so, while spread, tugging on the wire will slip the pin out of the connector. Replacing the wire/pin is simply done by sliding it back in until it "clicks", or locks in place, no tool needed.

This is easiest seen on the connector half having the FEMALE connection pins. imp

Back