• Total voters

tbomb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Levittown, NY (Long Island)
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport 4.0 SOHC 4x4
im seriously considering removing my door moldings on my truck, but im not sure. here are some pros and cons im thinking about.

1) since theyre made of a different material and painted separately from the truck, theyre a slight shade off.

2) theyre a lil bit crooked if you look closely.

3) itll just look better without them.

4) i park in a small lot for work and car doors always touch when theyre opened - not necessarily smack into each other (though i dont trust other people), but they touch.

5) i live in probably the most highly populated area in the country (metro NYC area), and theyre just more added protection, i guess.

should i keep em or not?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think it does look better without them. But yes they could protect what's under them.

Originally posted by jobunn
I think it does look better without them. But yes they could protect what's under them.

i think so too, but i know the day i take em off, ill get a huge dent in my doors, heh.

Here is a pic of two of our identical vehicles, one with trim, one without. It is easy to tell the difference between the two when side by side. I will let you decide what looks better.

Attachments

• p91100742xs.jpg
    p91100742xs.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 272

Take it off! Take it off! I think I'm gonna take mine off in the next few days (more like weeks). I think it looks way better.

I agree it looks nicer without but as you live in a high population area what looks better on and no dents or off and dents. If the colour doesn't match repaint them body colour then they will look like there not there.

Back