Remove Exterior Lower Door Panel | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remove Exterior Lower Door Panel

atx512

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Explorer Limited 4wd
Hi all -

The lower plastic panel on my drivers side door (the one with the chrome accent) isn't sitting quite flush and i think some of the clips broke somewhere inside. What's the best way to remove this panel? Gently remove each tab 1 by 1 with a clip pry bar?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
Are you able to post a picture of the issue?

Peter

I took mine off before on my 16. The clips pop off. I just pulled gingerly. I just used my hands.

But they will more than likely break while taking it off. I saved the good clips.

I would only use a plastic pry tool....

Hi all -

The lower plastic panel on my drivers side door (the one with the chrome accent) isn't sitting quite flush and i think some of the clips broke somewhere inside. What's the best way to remove this panel? Gently remove each tab 1 by 1 with a clip pry bar?
Is it the chrome trim piece you're looking to remove? I'm not aware of an exterior plastic panel. I believe the exterior part of the door is a single piece of metal.

Peter

Is it the chrome trim piece you're looking to remove? I'm not aware of an exterior plastic panel. I believe the exterior part of the door is a single piece of metal.

Peter
I believe they're talking about the molding on the bottom of the door.

My strip in the middle is black, but higher trims had it in chrome (ie, Limited and Platinum).

15609562770313674183823329559399.jpg

Okay, got it. That's what I get for trying to go from memory and not looking at the actual door. Thank you.

Peter

Back